Press_Release

Families Make Art With My Hero At 2016 Art & Nature Festival

Young girl hard at work on her peace flag at Laguna Art Museum
CONTACT: VICTORIA MURPHY FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MY HERO Project Gallery Director
949-376-5964

FAMILIES MAKE ART WITH MY HERO AT 2016 ART & NATURE FESTIVAL

SANTA MONICA, CA - 12/05/16 - The MY HERO Project Gallery participated in The 4th Annual Laguna Art Museum Art & Nature Family Festival, Sunday November 6, 2016. The Peace Flag activity was designed to allow each participant to reflect on the concept of peace, what it means, and how to apply it to create harmony on our planet. The Peace Flag art project was funded by a 2016 grant from the FOA Foundation (Festival Of Arts).
Student holds up their peace flag during Family Festival
More than 500 people attended the family festival and children as young as 2 and several generations of families participating made lovely and unique examples of flags out of paper, ribbons, and sticks. 

The museum was very impressed with the completed works by the young artists and has asked the MY HERO Gallery to repeat the project at the Imagination Celebration in the spring of 2017.

Father and daughter exhibit their finished flag at Art & Nature
According to Victoria Murphy, Director of The MY HERO Project Gallery, “the real success of this project was the seriousness and creative energy that each of the young people demonstrated at our table. And even more impressive was the number of adults including mothers and fathers and grandparents, who become truly engaged with their children’s efforts and then decided to make their own peace flags!”
Proud young artist and her beautifully drawn Peace Flag at LAM