Press_Release

MY HERO to Take Part in 2016 Art and Nature Festival

LAM Art & Nature 2015 - photo by Aliah Cadena
CONTACT: VICTORIA MURPHY FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Director MY HERO Gallery
[email protected]

MY HERO TO TAKE PART IN 2016 ART AND NATURE FESTIVAL AT THE LAGUNA ART MUSEUM

LAGUNA BEACH, CA - 07/29/16 - As part of its ongoing arts outreach program, the MY HERO Gallery will once again partner with the Laguna Art Museum at its 4th Annual Art & Nature Family FestivalThe Laguna Art Museum's Art & Nature Festival is a three day event that culminates with the Family Festival. 

The MY HERO team led by Arts Education Director Victoria Murphy will help children and their family members create a meaningful hero craft project that promotes environmental activism and stewardship of our planet. Our participation in this fun educational  event is sponsored by a grant to the MY HERO Project by the FOA Foundation.

The event promotes the connections between art and science; raises awareness of environmental issues; and  celebrates Laguna Beach as a center for the appreciation of art and nature. A public site-specific artwork in Main Beach in Laguna will be commissioned by the museum by the artist Phillip K Smith.

The MY HERO Project has been chosen, year after year, to participate in the Art & Nature Family Festival because our resources promote science and technology while emphasizing character education and creativity. The Gallery Outreach program inspires young people to use their critical thinking and their imagination! The Gallery also conducts arts outreach at schools, Boys and Girls clubs, and community centers.

The Art & Nature Festival Takes Place November 3-6, 2016
The Family Festival will be held on Sunday afternoon, November 6th, 2016

For more information, please visit www.myhero.com or contact [email protected].