Andrea Amatti

by Nina from Ribnica

My name is Nina and I come from Slovenia. My hero is Andrea Amati. He was born 1505 in Cremona and died 26.12. 1577, also in Cremona. He designed and created the violin, viola and cello known as the "violin family". He standardized the basic form, shape, size, materials and method of construction - forms we use today. His violins are very expensive and to have or just play a violin made from Amatti is a dream come true for every violinist. I play violin for 9 years now. I have played in different orchestras, trio, duet, solo, in band etc. I really enjoy playing violin. I can express my feelings through music. He basically created my dream instrument and made it possible to play on it. I want to succeed with it, go to the Music Academy and become a violin teacher or play in orchestra. He created my way of life.

Andrea Amati - Wikipedia