Alexander Graham Bell

by Kamilla

Alexander Graham Bell makes a call (history.com)

What makes a person a hero? I think a hero needs to be brave and also kind, polite and careful. They also need to do dangerous things like Ruby Bridges did. Also to be a hero, you have to be strong and stand up for yourself but not strong like picking up a house. In America black people were treated poorly. For example black people could not be in the same schools with the white people in some states. But Ruby Bridges said that black people needed to be treated the same as the white people. So I think we have to respect the people who made the world better like Ruby Bridges.

Alexander Graham Bell was another person who helped many people in the world. That's because he invented a telephone. That was important because if there wasn't a telephone then we would still have to walk to people to communicate with them. The second thing he did to help the world is he helped deaf people. That's important because people could be deaf and if there wasn't a school for them then no one would be able to help them. He also opened schools for the deaf. That's important because if there wasn't a school for them they might even die! I think Alexander is a hero because he worked very hard to help people who weren't able to hear like other people

Alexander Graham Bell was born in Scotland on March 3, 1847. When Alexander Graham Bell was a child he liked observing things and studying stuff. The first important event in his life was that he taught deaf people. This is important because the deaf people needed to learn how to be like the other people. The second event in his life was that he met a man named Thomas Watson in 1874 and they both invented the telephone in 1876. That's important because the people could just call to each other. Also they set up a telephone wire between New York city and Chicago in 1915. So now a days we can contact each other by telephone wires. Alexander Graham Bell died in 1922.

Maybe you want to be a hero and invent a telephone too. That is very hard work because you have to test it and then build it. I think Alexander Graham Bell is a hero because he invented a very good thing. Alexander was working to invent a telephone with Thomas Watson. Mostly why I like Alexander is because Thomas and Alexander worked together very goodly.