Amelia Earhart

by Giovanna from Saddle River

Amelia with an airplane. (theatreinchicago.com)

Amelia Earhart is a brave hero because she kept on moving forward. She never ever gave up, no matter what happened. When she was alone on the plane she probably kept on trying to get in contact with the radio station. Amelia went down brave and strong and that was the last of Amelia Earhart.

Amelia Earhart was also one of the women who fought for women’s rights. She was an example for women’s rights by flying an airplane and then gathered other women who wanted to fly. Now still to this day women can fly airplanes and vote for things that they want to. I hope these rights go on throughout the years. That is also why Amelia Earhart is my hero.

Amelia Earhart graduating. (www3.mpls.k12.mn.us)

Amelia is a positive role model because she made good decisions and was a very responsible woman. She showed the young children and teenagers to be creative and live your life the way you want to live it. She also made a responsible choice by marrying George Putnam. Amelia always made positive choices and had a lot of confidence inside.

Amelia was adventurous. She left her own family behind to explore and live her life the way she wanted to. She liked to be the first person to do something like when she became the first woman to fly an airplane. And she flew across the Pacific Ocean. I bet she loved to explore a lot and be free! She was probably scared but excited inside too. Amelia Earhart is one of the best heroes who has ever lived.

My favorite reason why Amelia is my hero is she had a lot of confidence. To have confidence means a lot because you always believe in yourself and you keep on pushing yourself to the next level. Confidence comes from being you, like Amelia did. She has always been herself by never giving up, being brave, and fighting so she could fly an airplane. That is my favorite part about Amelia Earhart.

Boehm Jerome, Kate . Who was Amelia Earhart?. New York, NY: Grosset and Dunlap, 2002.