Amelia Earhart

by Alya from Tucson

Amelia Earhart was the first women aviator to attempt to fly across the world, but she became the first woman, and second person to fly across the Atlantic. The Atlantic flight was eight hours and it was very hard. Amelia Earhart lived in Atchison, Kansas, with her mother Amy, father Edwin, and Sister Muriel. She did not have a good childhood but that did not keep her from doing what she wanted. She was a teacher for an elementary school but when she went for a ten minute flight with her father, she knew exactly what she wanted to do. She knew it would be hard for her to accomplish her dream but she didn't want to give up. She went to a Female aviator teacher and she gradated, and in July she purchased her first plane and named it "The Canary," After she purchased her plane she started to break world records. On April 27, 1926 Mr. H. H. Railey called Amelia and asked, "How would you like to be the first women to fly across the Atlantic?"

Amelia Earhart is my hero because she made it easier to let women work the same jobs as men. She made a lot of accomplishments in her life as a woman and as a person in general. She had an amazing life. It wasn't always good but that's what made it amazing, she turned out to be a known strong woman who can lead young children, teenagers, and women that have dreams that would be difficult to accomplish. She is also my hero because she had a lot of confidence and she was a very strong woman and I think all women and teenagers need that in their life.

All together she is a great role model for our community for men and women. She has accomplished so many things that were almost impossible for women in her time. This great woman was studied in school for people all ages to follow. One of the biggest reasons she is known is because she attempted to fly across the world but on the way she was lost. No one knows where she is or what happened. All we know is that she was lost in great pride and accomplishment. So many people miss her even till this day. I hope some one (as I can) will follow her footsteps and be a great role model for our time.