Amelia Earhart

by Zara from Israel

In 1928, Amelia Earhart became the first woman to fly across the Atlantic Ocean. Amelia saw her first plane show when she was 10. She wasn't interested. She said "It was a thing of rusty wire and wood and looked not at all interesting" She started getting seriously interested when she attended a stunt-flying exhibition, almost a decade later, that she became seriously interested.

She is a hero to me because she stood up for women's rights and that's important to me because i think women should have the same rights as men, and thought that being the first women that could fly a plane across the Atlantic would give a different view of women's rights as to men. Quote: "Women must try to do things as men have tried. When they fail their failure must be but a challenge to others" She was an early supporter of the Equal Rights Amendment. She is courageous because she took the risk that many people won't do by themselves of flying across the Atlantic Ocean by herself, even if it meant she wouldn't come back. She mostly did for getting equal rights as men. She said, "Women can fly like men and can be better" She Was Strong and Independent because she wanted to learn how to fly a plane but her father did not pay for her lessons so she had to get a job to pay for the lessons. She could not depend on her father because he was never around.

She is my hero because she stood up for women's rights, saying that women can fly like men. She was brave and by flying across the ocean by herself, she started her career by herself because her dad wouldn't help.