Albert Einstein

by Kyle from San Diego

Unserious photo (Mental floss)
Unserious photo (Mental floss)

With E=mc2 and theories on relativity Albert Einstein changed the way scientists think about the universe. Surprisingly, Einstein had trouble in school. Not only was it difficult, he simply hated being there and schemed of getting out without hurting his chances of getting into a good university but was expelled. At age 19 he studied in Zurich,Switzerland. Later he passed his diploma examination at FIT (Federal Institute of Technology). When the completion of the requirements for his doctoral degree occurred Einstein wrote his first revolutionary scientific papers. Albert Einstein, while told he was not going to amount to anything, not speaking his first words until age 5 and seemingly possessing little intelligence, came up with E=mc2. Albert Einstein is a hero because of his ability to overcome obstacles he was handed.

Einstein struggled but through hard work and willpower to earn the honor very few people in history have. At age 26 Einstein earned his doctoral degree. He wrote his first revolutionary scientific papers which made him famous. Those revolutionary scientific papers that made him famous led to universities competing for him. Albert Einstein reworked foundations of thermodynamics and statistical mechanics because thermodynamics made the deepest impression on him. He concluded a motion where liquid particles are suspended and has atoms inside it. They would collide with particles and be put motion exists unaware of Robert Brown's earlier observations. Later Einstein found out particle motion is irregular and in time will experience a net forward. When Albert Einstein proved it there were a lot of skeptics but when fully confirmed most converted. Einstein was unaware of Brown's earlier observations so he did this by scratch, showing his heroic willpower to grasp the truth.

Imgur ()
Imgur ()

Albert Einstein also shows his responsibility in the last letter he signed which was urging all nations to give up their nuclear weapons. Einstein urged President Roosevelt to launch the Manhattan Project to build a bomb as a deterrent. This bomb they built was an atomic bomb they used on Hiroshima where Albert Einstein said "Horrible, Horrible". This led to the last letter he signed was a letter agreeing to put his name on a document urging all nations to give up their nuclear weapons. This shows responsibility because he's trying to get rid of all nuclear weapons because he saw the destruction it caused and he knows there shouldn't be any nuclear weapons. The two atomic bombs were built to be a deterrent just in case but was used on Hiroshima. Albert Einstein realized that it would be dangerous for anyone to have it so he tried to get rid of them and that shows his responsibility. Not only that Albert Einstein treated energy and matter as interchangeable and linked space with time and gravitation and these types of things. Albert Einstein has changed the way physicists think about the universe and he is capable to uphold that responsibility. Albert Einstein grasped both the truth of the laws of nature and demonstrability and was responsible to grasp the truth. At age 19 Einstein was responsible enough to study in Zurich, Switzerland and later at age 26 earn his doctoral degree and write his first revolutionary scientific papers. Albert Einstein is a hero because of his responsibility and ability to overcome obstacles.

Work Cited "Albert Einstein." Encyclopedia of World Biography. Detroit: Gale, 1998. Biography in Context. Web. 29 Apr. 2016 "Albert Einstein." Scientists: Their Lives and Works. Detroit: UXL, 2006. Student Resources in Context. Web. 29 Apr. 2016 Howard, Don. "Einstein, Albert." World Book Student. World Book, 2016. Web. 2 May 2016. Howard, D. (2016). Einstein, Albert. In World Book student. Retrieved from http://www.worldbookonline.com/student/article?id=ar175340 Howard, D 2016, 'Einstein, Albert' , World Book Student, World Book, Chicago, viewed 2 May 2016, . Fine, Arthur. "Einstein, Albert (1879-1955)." Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Ed. Donald M. Borchert. 2nd ed. Vol. 3. Detroit: Macmillan Reference USA, 2006. 178-182. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 2 May 2016.: Calvo, Sherri Chasin. "Albert Einstein." Science and Its Times. Ed. Neil Schlager and Josh Lauer. Vol. 6: 1900 to 1949. Detroit: Gale, 2000. 475-476. Gale Virtual Reference Library. Web. 4 May 2016 Magill's Literary Annual 1980 Stanley, Mathew. "E = mc-squared." World Book Student. World Book, 2016. Web. 4 May 2016. Stanley, M. (2016). E = mc-squared. In World Book student. Retrieved from http://www.worldbookonline.com/student/article?id=ar171120 Stanley, M 2016, 'E = mc-squared' , World Book Student, World Book, Chicago, viewed 4 May 2016,