Anne Frank

by Alejandra from Fresno

My hero is Anne Frank because even though she had many reasons to give up she didn't. Even though she couldn't do much she let the whole world know how badly they were treated and the many that were killed during the Holocaust. The Nazis took all the Jews they could find and took them to concentration  camps where they were starved, killed, and worked to death.

Anne and her family have been hiding for twenty-five months. She lived in the Secret Annex for three years. She couldn't go outdoors not even once. It was just too risky for her and for the eight other members. She and her family couldn't move or talk at all from  8:30am to 6:30pm, so no one would hear their presence from above.

Since Anne and the eight other members have been hiding from the Nazis for twenty-five years it felt like it would never end but something about Anne that made her stay strong is that she faced the world with a smile. One day, one of the people that would help them gave their location away to the Nazis so days later the Nazis came and took Anne and the eight other members to the concentration camp.The only one who survived the Holocaust was Anne's father so he made Anne's diary public for the whole world to see what had happened and how badly they were treated. That's why I chose Anne Frank as my hero because she is a true inspiration for the world because she had many reasons to just give up on life but instead she smiled and stayed strong. That's hard for most people to do because they just get tired of life being so hard but she didn't. That's why I selected Anne Frank as my hero.