Anne Frank

by Julie from Los Angeles

Anne Frank is my hero. She's my hero because she went through a lot of bad times in her life.  She was born in Germany on the 12th of June in the year 1929. Her sister Margot was three years old when Anne was born.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
In 1933 Anne and her family moved to the Netherlands to escape Hitler and the Nazis.

In 1944 Anne's sister got a letter to report to work at a concentration camp. Because of this, the family went into hiding.  They also went into hiding because the Nazi's took over the Netherlands. 

When Anne was discovered she was twelve to thirteen years old Nazi's raided the Annex and captured her family.   They sent her and her sister to a concentration camp with very little food and water. 

After about a year they were place in a new camp with less food and water.  At the second camp, called Bergen-Belson, she developed a disease called typhous.  She was fifteen years old when she died.  

Anne Frank is my hero because of all this; her story is sad and terrible.  She was a very good person. She was strong and she persevered.  And that is why she is my hero.