Alicia Garza

by Ashlynn from Anthony

"Today's Black power is transforming democracy - but we cannot do it alone, we need the best and the brightest thinkers, strategists, coders, surveillance experts, tech geeks and disruptors to utilize all of the tools we have available to us to build."

My hero is Alicia Garza. She was born March 4, 1981, in Los Angles, California. She was a finalist the Shorty Award for activism. Alicia is known for Black Lives Matter. She was born and raised in Oakland, California. She currently lives in Oakland, California. Alicia doesn't have any children. Alicia lets people know that black lives matter.

140394Alicia GarzaCitizen University / CC BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)

Alicia Garza founded Black Lives Matter. She let people know that black people should have the same rights as white people and should get to participate in the same events as white people do. Black Lives Matter was founded in 2012 after a black boy was shot and George Zimmerman was found not guilty for his murder and the boy died at 17 years old. Black Lives Matter is a chapter-based national organization working for the equal treatment of black lives. They are working to rebuild the Black Liberation Movement.

My hero is a world changer. She fought for black lives matter. She is making a difference in the world by changing black lives. Black people should have the same rights!!!!!!

Blacklivesmatter - #Blacklivesmatter