Albert Gore Jr.

by Logan from Fort Wayne

The Inconvenient Truth Book will be coming out on DVD (http://www.climatecrisis.net/downloads/images/Desktop-1.jpg)

Just imagine the water gates of Europe. One breaks down from the overload of water crushing behind it. The next one goes out, and then the next one. Water is raging towards the land. People are frantically screaming and caressing their loved ones for their final moments. The massive wave hits the coast. I jolt up from my slumber, only to find that it was only a dream, or is it a reality?

Global Warming has affected my life greatly. With the controversy of war and fraud, this is the one that is always misinterpreted. This will affect everyone across the globe. Every year it gets worse. The temperature rises each passing moment, melting the ice caps. I have been affected by it, you have been affected by it, we all have been affected by it. The rising temperatures create land that is incapable of growing crops, creating less food. Now each country is poorer than it already was in this recession. I am really interested in Global Warming because it could mean the end of the world for our children and their children, and so on. It is going to get hotter and hotter until we stop releasing the millions of pounds of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. These pounds are killing off our human species, and depleting our ozone and killing the animals off too. It is melting the polar ice caps, not only flooding out the lands that are already at sea level, but is killing the polar bears. Our community is suffering from this destructiveness. We need to stop, and we need to stop now.

One of the leading Global Warming activists of today is Albert Gore Jr., or Al Gore for short. He has organized hundreds of events on finding how to cure this despicable problem. He has thrown events on numerous occasions to raise money to get more environmental friendly programs and material. To help out his success, he was the 45th vice president to Bill Clinton. He also ran for president twice but failed both times in 1988 and 2000. He has also wrote many books in the time being. One of his greatest successes was "The Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It." It won him a Grammy Award in 2009. He is the founder and chair of Alliance for Climate Protection, as also the chair and co-founder of Generation Investment Management. Gore lives in one of the most environmentally friendly houses in America. He has worked with President Barack Obama in order to obtain money for renewable energy and environmentally friendly infrastructure around the nation. He has obtained 80 billion dollars to do just that from the president. He has recently passed the American Clean Energy and Security Act that will put us in the direction we need for a better climate. We need more people like him to steer us in the right direction, even if it means giving up major league baseball diamonds to do it, because we all know that this is way more important than some entertainment.

What I can do to help out this cause is lower my carbon output. I could not drive as much and recycle a bit more. I could open the windows and the blinds so I am not using so much energy. I want to be an environmental lawyer when I grow up so I will be able to take down the large corporations that are not doing their part for a healthier climate. I also want to work with the president so I can help them with problems like these. I am going to live my life to find the perfect cure for Global Warming, I just hope Al Gore hasn’t found it yet.