Angelina Jolie

by Bailee Woods and Beoncee Bland from North Brunswick

( ())
( ())

She was born June 4, 1975 (age 40) in Los Angeles, CA. Her parents are Marcheline Bertrad and Jon Voight (both actors), her current spouse is Brad Pitt. She's a United States citizen and Cambodian citizen. Angelina studied at Lee Strasberg Theater Institute while in her early teens. At 14 her mother allowed her to move in with her boyfriend to prevent drug use, so she moved in with her boyfriend of two years and stopped acting for the 2 years they were together. When they broke up at age 16 she was signed with Finesse Model Management and later attended New York University (NYU). In 1998 during her divorce with second husband she had her first Lesbian relationship with her ' FoxFire' costar Jenny Shimizu that soon ended. During filming Mr. & Mrs. (2005), Angelina met her current husband Brad Pitt, even though he was still with his ex wife Jennifer Aniston, but he divorced Jennifer and got with Angelina and 2 months after announcing that he and Jennifer were divorced he engaged Angelina. He gave her a tablet shaped engagement ring 16 carats, $500,000. Angelina wasn't going to get married until gay marriage was legal in all of the US, until August 23, 2014, they finally got married after being engaged for almost 9 years. Angelina has been a fixture of Hollywood for almost 20 years now, ever since the 90s when she started performing, and the actress quickly established herself as a star. She had her major breakthrough in 1998 television film 'Gia'. Angelina's public image is strongly tied to her perceived beauty and sex appeal .

As our hero, we chose Angelina Jolie because she has done a lot of charity work. Also, Angelina is a breast & ovarian cancer survivor. She had her ovaries removed because a detection of ovarian cancer was possible. Her mother recently died from in 2007. 3 out of 6 kids of hers were adopted (3 biological - Shiloh [8 years old] , twins, Knox & Vivienne [6 years old], 3 adopted - Maddox from Cambodia [13 years old], Pax from Vietnam and Ethiopian, Zahara). Angelina has gone through and done a lot in her current lifetime as a mom, actor, filmmaker and humanitarian.

Our person is a hero because of all the things that she has done in her life. She went out of her way to do so many good things for people in need. Not a lot of human beings like her would do that... Angelina Jolie is a very smart lady. She has a lot of faith and discipline. She leads people to do the right thing instead of wrong. Jolie even has charities for kids in need and who are less fortunate. In my opinion, this will lead more and more people to do better in their lives. It will help a lot of people to strive for doing their best instead of their worse.

Beoncee & I chose this person as a modern day hero because of what she does in her regular day life and because of what she has done in the past. Like we said, she has adopted some of her children... She helps kids who are in need... Angelina & her husband also helped New Orleans, when Hurricane Katrina hit. Not a lot of famous people did that. Where the proj ,ects used to be, they built nice homes for those people. We came to the decision by just looking some people up & then Angelina Jolie popped up into our heads. We looked her up, and saw that she really is a strong hero. Not just for us, but for many more kids in this world.

"If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I'm not frightened by anyone's perception of me."