Alicia Keys

by Madison from Mission Viejo

“It’s nothing coming from this hype machine. It’s just Alicia. I like to be onstage, I like to write music, I like to make music. And that’s really what the point is.”

What is a hero? Do they have to be famous or important? The answer is no. Your hero can be someone in your family, a doctor who saved your life, or just someone that inspires you. They can be famous or important but it is not necessary.

My hero is Alicia Keys. Alicia Augello Cooks, also known as Alicia Keys brought a whole new style of old school into the music world today. I realized that Alicia was my hero because she is an amazing singer and I want to follow in her footsteps. She is very pretty and very successful. She has changed the world of music in many ways. She has her own voice and is very inspirational for young girls that want to be singers. Alicia is a huge role model for me because I have been involved in music my entire life. I want to grow up to be just like her. At a young age she struggled with the separation of her parents. She didn’t give up and persevered through the tough times. When she was alone, she wrote songs about her daily challenges. After listening to a variety of artists, she found a few that would inspired her. These people include: Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Mary J. Blidge, Michael Jackson, Prince, and many more.

Alicia Keys is a professional singer. She sings in shows and is very popular. Alicia enjoys singing. She has been singing since she could talk. She inspires people and gives money to help charities. Alicia writes her own songs. She also plays the instruments in her songs by herself. She briefly attended Columbia University on a scholarship before devoting herself to a full–time musical career. She majored in singing. She gets paid about $750,000 for 90 minutes of her work. In the late 2003 Alicia won 4 Grammy’s: Best R&B album for “The Diary of Alicia Keys”, best female R&B vocal performance for “If I Ain’t Got You”, best R&B song for “You Don’t Know My Name”, and best duo or group for “My Boo” with R&B singer Usher.

Alicia was born on January 25, 1981. She began piano lessons at the age of seven. Her mom said that she quit on everything but playing the piano. Alicia is dedicated to music. She grew up singing in school and church choirs. Stevie Wonder's records introduced her to '70s soul when she was 12 or 13. At the age of 16 she graduated high school as her class valedictorian. After high school she produced her first single “Fallin”. It was a huge hit and it made her believe that she could make more music and become popular. Once her CD came out it was a blow out. She truly realized that she had made it big. Alicia Keys might have not grown up in such a good neighborhood, but never gave up and made it big!

Alicia Keys has changed music to a style of her own. Alicia Keys also has done charity work like donating money to charities in New York and other places in the world. She soothes people with her beautiful music. She is passionate about it. A “sell out” to Alicia doesn’t mean much to her. Alicia can’t settle with anything less than being original and perfect. When I listen to her music I am instantly inspired and wish I had a voice like hers. Also it makes me feel a certain way towards people. Her lyrics are real and relatable. They tell stories that make me feel like she knows exactly what I am going through. She is a very talented woman.

I am involved at Capistrano Valley’s choir and I plan to be in the next three years. I am going to go to college and major in music. I want to go to the University of Wisconsin. I want to be involved in the music industry there and be a part of the R&B and Hip/Hop genre. I want to strive to be a professional singer. My lifelong goal is to sing in a show with Alicia Keys. She is my favorite singer and that would mean the world to me if I performed with her. You think that people that live in the ghetto won’t make it big, well think again because if Alicia Keys can make it, you can too. So don’t get your hopes down, and go follow your dreams.

Alicia Keys Biography - Alicia Keys Biography
Alicia Keys Pictures - Pictures of Alicia Keys
Alicia Keys Info - Alicia Keys Info