Alex LeBlanc

by Noelle from Plaistow

Autobiographical Sketch: My older sister, Alex LeBlanc, was always smiling as a kid. We always played with our Barbies and American Girl Dolls. We loved playing family and school being the older sister she was always the mom and the teacher. We basically did everything together. I always wanted to do everything Alex did. I wanted to be just like her. We tried every sport growing up from swimming and gymnastics to soccer and T-Ball. She always helped me do my best and work hard even when we were little. She always kept a positive attitude about everything she did, no matter what. Alex worked hard in school all the way up through high school, while achieving high honors each year. She strives to be the best she can be and I watched as she formed into a strong young woman. Alex guided me and taught me the do's and don'ts growing up and she encouraged me to do my best. I continued to follow her footsteps once I got to high school and took advantage of numerous opportunities that our school offers. I tried out for sports teams and she taught me skills that I will use for the rest of my life. If it weren't for my sister sort of cheering me on and guiding me I might not have had the courage to ski on the high school race team or have the enthusiasm to play in the Timberlane High School Orchestra. Alex showed me that it's possible to balance sports, friends, family and school with grace. She studied hard and she's now attending Wheelock College for elementary education. I know that someday, just like she was when we were little kids, she's going to make an amazing teacher.

Transcript Interview: "A hero to me is someone that inspires positivity and courage in another person. They can be a superhero or just your average Joe; it doesn't matter where they come from, as long as they are a person someone can look up to." -Alex LeBlanc. In a recent interview with her she then goes on to talk about how her greatest accomplish is who she has become. She explains further, "I worked hard to get to where I am in my education and have also been able to reach the collegiate level in athletics while maintaining good grades throughout high school and college. I have also been able to maintain employment at multiple establishments and a social life. The balance of all the aspects of my life have been difficult to handle, but I think that they are what represents what is most important to me in life." Alex didn't know that I considered her my hero before this interview and her personal hero is her Grammy. If she were given the chance to ask her one question it would be "what is the biggest obstacle that you have faced in life and how did you handle it?" Alex thinks that many people need heroes and role models to look up to, she believes that some people need them in order to be something for another person to want to strive to be like in life. When asked if she considers sports stars to be heroes she responded with "I think that sports stars can be considered heroes, but that they should not be considered heroes simply because they have achieved fame as a result of athletic ability. I think that a hero should be someone who is an all-around well balanced person, who may or may not have a special athletic ability. They should be a positive influence on other people, which may or may not be the case for sports stars. Alex believes that all heroes share some similar characteristics and are all positive influences on others, while doing good deeds in the world." Her favorite superhero is Wonder Woman because she "seeks justice, while also being a prominent (although fictional) feminist figure throughout American history of Women's Rights Activism." Alex believes that anyone can be a hero, as long as they have the purest and best of intentions.

My sister should be inducted into the "Hero Hall of Fame" because of her positivity, accomplishments and compassion. She has had a major impact on my life and for that I consider her to be my hero. Her positivity is contagious. I look up to her and she has always encouraged me to be the best person I can be. She has been an amazing role model for me my whole life and I have followed her footsteps in many ways.My sister is always there for me when I need her. She is my hero, and for the powerful impact she has had on my life she deserves to be inducted into the "Hero Hall of Fame."