Amy Lynn Lee

by Brie from Ansonia

(www.amyleeworld.com)
(www.amyleeworld.com)

Amy Lee was born on December 13 1981. She grew up in Riverside California. When she was nine, she had to beg her parents to give her piano lessons. Her parents said yes and she took to the piano right away. Amy had two sisters and one brother. Her brother died at age six and her sister died when she was two months old. Her sister died of a heart enlargement and her brother died of Epilepsy. She wrote a song called “like you” for her sister. Lyrics that show that are “I long to be like you (sis) Like all in the ground like you (did).” Those lyrics mean a lot to her and she said in an interview that she cried writing and performing that song.

This is the cover of Evanescence's Cd 'fallen. (www.msn.com)

When she was 13, Amy was asked to join a band. Because of school, she had to reject the request. In high school, she was president of her choir and was often called “choir nerd.” Amy has many programs for epilepsy because she is trying to raise money to find cures for Epilepsy. She is close with the programs because, her brother died of epilepsy, and her step dad had epilepsy.

Her favorite song that her band has written is “going under.” Amy said it shows how she feels about how people think about her because she doesn’t care what they think, she is unique. Evanescence, Amy’s band, has gotten so far. They are the number one Metal band in the world and Amy has gotten two Grammies. They write their songs about true life. It’s all true. My favorite song is Sweet Sacrifice. The lyrics say “It’s true, were all a little, Insane.” Those lyrics are very true because they show her feelings on life.

This is a dress that Amy made by hand! (www.msn.com)

Amy hasn’t ruined her body to get where she is now. She hasn’t dieted herself into Anorexia. She doesn’t diet herself period. She thinks that you should just keep your body how it is and don’t try to change it. Just be who you are. If people don’t like you the way you look, don’t waste your time on them. Amy has great advice for young girls. Amy has raised over 50 million dollars for Epilepsy. She has also helped 13 abused kids. Amy has done so much and can keep going with her career. Amy is my hero.

Amyleeworld.
Out of the Shadows - raising awareness for epilepsy