Amy Lee

by Madison from Pleasant Hill

Amy Lee
Amy Lee

What is a Hero? To me a hero is someone who selflessly gives up their time, money, or something greater to help people in need. Amy Lee of the band Evanescence is a hero to me. She has created a foundation called Out of the Shadows. It’s a campaign that aims to bring public awareness and action by all nations to end the hidden suffering of people with epilepsy. Amy Lee has used her money and fame to help people with epilepsy. To me that’s being a hero. She gave up her time and money for something she greatly cared about and thanks to her, millions of people with epilepsy will finally be helped. This is a serious disease I know some one with it and the fact that she is helping raise awareness about this to me shows she is a hero. She is my hero.

Who is Amy Lee? Born Amy Lynn Hartzler, Amy Lee is a classically trained piano player. When she was young she moved to Arkansas with her family and eventually formed the band Evanescence. The bands first Album, the Fallen sold 17 million copies and the band won a Grammy for best new rock band. Amy is often thought of and characterized as being gothic. In fact she just likes to be herself, and is quoted as saying, "Honestly I just wear what I like. You know why? Cause I can because I'm a rock star." A quote that I really like is, "Inspiration comes in the middle of the night when you should be doing homework."

What Makes Amy Lee a Hero? I think Amy Lee would want people to not only see her as a singer in a rock band but someone who wants to make a difference. She is committed to changing the way the world looks at and treats people with epilepsy. Over 40 million people suffer from this disease world wide and she wants to help end the shame they feel.

(www.outoftheshadows.com)
(www.outoftheshadows.com)

Please take the time to visit Amy Lee's foundation. www.outoftheshadows.com and help be someone who makes a difference in the world we all live in.

Out of the Shadows - Out of the Shadows is for the millions of people with epilepsy and for those who have a loved one with the condition.
Website dedicated to Amy Lee of the band Evanescence
Official Website for Amy Lee

Lee, Amy . "Out of the Shadows." [Online] Available http://outoftheshadows.com.

Unknown. "Amy Lee World." [Online] Available http://wwwamyleeworld.com.