Abe Lincoln

by Michael from Coatesville

My Hero

You could call my hero a real honest man. That's how my hero Abe Lincoln got the name "Honest Abe." He was born in Hodgenville, Kentucky on February 12, 1809 and died on April 15, 1665. He lived in Springfield, Illinois.

Accomplishments and Feats

Some major accomplishments Abe succeeded in were he became the 16th president of the United States of America. He overcame Mr. Stephen A. Douglas in the presidential race. Abe also accomplished ending slavery in the Civil War. He defeated the Confederates with the Union to win the Civil War. It took Abe Lincoln 4 long years to win the Civil War.

Traits

Abe had so many traits under his belt. One of them was he was very smart. He always passed in school and became president. Another trait Abe had was he was truthful. He got the nickname "Honest Abe" from being one of the most reliable presidents. The last trait I have for him is hard working. He always was doing handy work. He built his own house!

My Feelings about Abe

I have very strong feelings about Abe. I think he is a nice guy and he seems like a true friend. I always wanted spend a day in the life of Abe Lincoln. That's why I chose Abe Lincoln as my hero.