Poets

Andrew (Banjo) Patterson

by Jessica from Melbourne

Banjo was a poet. Some of his songs are Waltzing Matilda, The man from Snowy River, Rio Grange’s Last Race, Saltbush Bill, Singer of the Bush, Song of the Pen and Snowy River Riders. And sadly Banjo Patterson died.

Andrew Barton (Banjo) Patterson died on the sixth of February 1941. I don’t know how he died but he died at the age of 76.

Andrew’s spouse was Alice Walker. He was born on February 17, 1864, in New South Wales, Australia.

His occupations were an author, journalist and a composer.

"Waltzing Matilda" - Andrew (Banjo) Patterson's most famous song

Hi, I'm Jessica from Melbourne. I have one dog named Saffie, two cats named Minnie who is ginger-colored and Scout who's black and ginger. I also have a Blue Tongue lizard named Dino. I used to have 7 hermit crabs. I'm ten years old and play softball. I swim every Monday, have dancing every Thursday but I only do softball in spring, summer and most of March. I like having friends over or going to friends' houses but there have only been two friends' houses - those friends are Holly and Erin.