Alexis Pinturault

by Marion from Saint Jean de Braye

Alexis Pinturault in Saint-Moritz (lemonde.fr ())

Alexis Pinturault is a French and Norwegian ( from his mother) World Cup alpine ski racer and Olympic medalist who was born in 1991 in Savoie. Young, he discovered skiing and quickly it was to become his biggest passion. He is nicknamed "The Beast" in his discipline.

Alexis Pinturault in Sotchi Olympic Games (buzzles.org ())

He was a two-time world junior champion in giant slalom, in 2009 and 201. Indeed these are his victories which boosted his career. He represented France at three World Championships in 2011, 2013, and 2015, and at the Winter Olympics in 2014, where he won a bronze medal in the giant slalom. He became the first French ski-racer after Luc Alphand in 1997 to reach the podium of World Cup. He had big sporting victories at the World Cup with 15 wins and 35 podiums, he won of the combined classification in 2016. He is a superstar in his category!

Alexis Pinturault won the last Super-G (lexpresse;fr ())

Alexis Pinturauld is crazy about skiing and I love this sport too. I have practiced it since a very young age in Savoie too. I'm free when I ski! It's enjoyable and incredible when you seem to fly! He became famous throughout the world and gave great values. He inspires me as I have a passion for sport! I dream as skiing like him! However it's a relatively high-risk sport! His future is promising after his success this season! It's amazing to have his talent.