Adam Richard Sandler

by Drew from Roseville

Adam Sandler
Adam Sandler in Berlin (2009) (Wikipedia)

I chose Adam Sandler as my hero because he makes me laugh. When I'm not feeling too good i just pop in one of his comedy movies and it just makes me feel better. Adam was the third child born of four children. His father, Stanley Sandler, was engineer, and his mother, Judy Sandler, was a homemaker.

The handprints of Adam Sandler in front of Grauma (Wikipedia)

Adam was born in Brooklyn, New York on September 9, 1996 and he is now currently 42. "At 17 he took his first step towards becoming a stand-up comedian when he took the stage at a Boston comedy club. There he was found to be a natural comedian. While he was going to New York University, Adam went to comedy clubs and even made shows at his university." He finally ended up in Los Angeles where he was spotted by Denis Miller who told the producer of Saturday Night Live to put Adam on the show.

Adam got a degree in fine arts at the New York University. Adam was on SNL (Saturday Night Live) for five years as a writer and performer. Sandler also made a CD in 1993 titled, They`re All Gonna Laugh At You. Adam Sandler has been in many movies since he started his career. Some of the movies he has been in are, Coneheads, Airheads, Billy Madison. He has become a hero for many people in the world because of his movies and jokes. Adam is nice to his fans, so if one asks him for his autograph, he will give it to them.

Adam Sandler (Google)
Adam Sandler (Google)

Happy Gilmore was made in 1996 and directed by Dennis Dugan. The point of the movie was that a man was rejected from playing hockey because he wasn't good on the ice, so he decided to play golf and noticed he was really good. He ends up saving his grandmother`s house by winning a tournament. Adam made other great movies such as Billy Madison in which he was a grown man going back to school. His other movies include Big Daddy, Mr. Deeds, The Wedding Singer, Eight Crazy Nights and many more. Adam Sandler is an actor that we will be seeing a lot more of during his time on earth.

These are the reasons i chose Adam as my hero.

The Adam Sandler Website - celebrates all about Adam Sandler

Creative Commons Att. "Wikipedia." [Online] Available http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Sandler.