Anderson Silva

by Adriel from Mission Viejo

"I'm not the best.I just believe that I can do things that people think are impossible"- Anderson Silva. I first discovered Anderson Silva in 2011 when he was in a UFC championship fight. I became aware of Anderson Silva's career when I first watched his style of fighting. What attracts me is Anderson Silva came from a poor area in Brazil and he could still find training areas to practice Ju-jitsu. I am a high school student in Capistrano Valley HS. I wish to also succeed in basketball and continue to play it for the rest of my life.

My selected job is an athlete that the related job tasks would be coaching, scouting, fitness trainer, and recreation workers. Although athletes and sports competitors usually have a high school diploma, no formal education credential is needed to enter the occupation. They just need extensive knowledge of how the sport is played, especially its rules, regulations, and strategies. It typically takes many years of practice and experience to turn into a professional athlete. The average annual wage for athletes and sports competitors was $44,680 in May 2015. Many professional sports leagues would expand to new cities in the United States, making brand new teams and some job opportunities for those looking to become professional athletes. Some similar careers are coaching, scouting, fitness trainer, and recreation workers. Some recent developments are there are more athletes and in 2024 there will be 800 more athletes than average.

Some traits that Anderson Silva had when he was a young person was passion and commitment to the profession he loved to do. He was not able to afford lessons in ju-jitsu so would teach himself because of the prejudice people against poor kids. He became successful when he started his MMA career and later defeated Hayato Sakurai by decision and won the middleweight championship. Some specific milestones he accomplished was getting his Black belt in Brazilian ju-jitsu in 2005. Furthermore, came to the UFC on 2006 to win in his debut fight. He also broke the record of consecutive wins. Lastly is when he beat his rival, Chael Sonnen in the fifth round with a triangle armbar. Now Anderson Silva is still training after a big broken leg injury and fighting in the UFC.

Anderson Silva helps contribute to society by helping companies in showing their products. He signed a contract with companies like Burger King, Budweiser, and Nike. Anderson Silva has been heavily publicized by Budweiser, including in a TV ad, with an adaptation of the brand's motto "Great times are coming". This is the most significant way he contributes to society today.

Anderson Silva inspired me to take advantage of the free education and the many opportunities given to me in the United States. Along with being encouraged to take more advanced classes in high school to have a better chance of having a successful life. Later, in college I would like to go to UCI and get a major in business and as well as keep training in my sport. My lifetime goal is to be like Anderson Silva because of his humble and passionate attitude. He inspires me to be the best I can be and try to do the impossible. In conclusion, I wish to be a successful business manager and live a great long life. Lastly is to work with athletes and help people with my job.