Arnold Wilson

by Amber from Canada

Life does go on ...and in the after life we will meet again .

My personal hero is my grandpa .....Arnold Wilson. He's done so much for me in my life. He was always there for me whenever i needed someone to talk to or just needed a helping hand. He always knew what to say to me to make me feel better about myself. The last time I saw him before he died he told me that i was prettier then any model in the world. He used to tell me that everytime i saw him and without that i probably wouldn't have the confidence i do now. He was always a good man. He did everything he could for his grandchildren and he never favored anyone. I think that's what made him such a special man. I always feel like apart of him is still with me .... like even when i'm alone; it's almost like i can feel his presence there and feeling gives me comfort.

When he passed away it was hard. i tried to stay strong but i felt so weak without him in my life. He wasn't just my grandpa he was like my best friend. It was like losing a father, considering i was closer to him than i am with my dad. It was like he took three parts in my life; everything good i do now is in the name of him. I do what i can to help others to show him the appreciation i have for everything that he did. What makes me strong now is knowing that one day we will meet again. He always told me that the only thing that i can do to get through life is to be strong, tears never got anyone anywhere. Another thing that he always told me is don't care what anyone thought about me. It only mattered what i thought so the way he he got me thinking is to be hated for who i am than liked for who i'm not.