Amelia Earheart

by Kim and Brandy from Sydney, N.S.

Amelia Earhart was born on July 24th, 1897. Amelia was born and raised in Atchison, Kansan. Her flying career began when she was 24 years old in L.A, but due to family troubles, she had to sell her plane and go back out east. Four years later she bought an Avro Avian and became the first women to make a solo flight, and from then on continued to break her own and others records, as well as personal stunts. Her personal intrests were basically of flying and reaching her goals, as well as standing up for all women in the world. But in the end she died when her plane disappeared into the ocean on a flight around the world.

Amelia Earhart is famous, she is famous because she was the first women to make a solo-return transcontinential flight. She is also famous because of her mysterious disappearence into the Ocean. She was also famous because all the women and young girls in the United States looked up to her for what she did and read about her when she was in the paper, that was said about her accomplishments.

Amelia Earhart is determined because she wanted to be the first women, but the second person to fly across the Altantic Ocean in 1932. She was determined because no matter how bad the weather was she still wanted to prove the point of men and women being equal piolets. She was also determined because she had to sell her plane to help her parents and still she was able to buy a plane again and make it in the world of flight.

Amelia Earhart is brave, she is brave because she was the first women to fly across the Altantic Ocean alone. She was also the first person to fly over the Pacific Ocean on January of 1935. She was also brave because she didn't care if she died or not but she wanted to prove to the world that men and women are equal.

" After midnight the moon set and I was alone with the stars. i have often said that the lure of flying is the lure of beauty, and I need no other flight to convenience me that whether they know it or not is the esthetic appeal of flying. " -Amelia Earhart

Offical Amelia Earhart Website - info, pictures, and quotes

Amelia Earhart