Aaliyah Haughton

by Alejandra from Lawrence

GOOGLE.COM (GOOGLE)
GOOGLE.COM (GOOGLE)

In 2001 someone great and special was lost.  She was someone who made music brighten up again. She made my love for music brighten up. She was someone who people admired. She was a role model and a idol. She will never be forgotten.

She is ..................... Aaliyah

()
()

Aaliyah Dana Haughton was born on January 16,1979 in Brooklyn, New York. She was the second and youngest daughter of Diana and Michel Haughton. She had an older brother named Rashad Haughton. She was raised in Detroit, Michigan.

GOOGLE.COM ()
GOOGLE.COM ()

In 1979 she Aaliyah was born. In 1990 she performed with R&B singer Glady Knight, The former wife of Aaliyah's uncle Barry Hankerson in Las Vegas.  Later that year, she got a recording contract. In 1994 she hit the R&B charts herself for her album "Age Aint Nothin but a Number".  In 1996 she realesed her album "One in a Million".  She sold two million.  In 1997 she graduated from Detroit High School for PFA. In 1997 she had an academy nominated song for the hit "Journey to the Past". In 1998 performed the song "Are you that somebody" for the movie Dr. Dolittle. The hit "Are You That Somebody" hit the R&B charts. In 2000 she starred in the movie "Romeo Must Die". She won a Grammy Nomination for "Best Female Video" and "Best Video for Film". In 2001 she played in the movie "Queen of the Damned".

Aaliyah has gone through hard times being the kid who was "Try'in to be someone". She was a believer. She knew she wanted be someone. She knew exactly where she wanted to go. She knew what she was aiming for. She believed, she tried and she made it happen. She didn't want to be another copy of anyone she wanted to someone different... fresh.  She wanted to be the person you think of when you think of a great and different artist.

()
()

Aaliyah died on August 21, 2001 when she got into a horrible plane crash.  Police say her luggage was too heavy, that the pilot was unexperienced and they found drugs and alcohol in his system. She died in the Bahamas. That's the day that the music industry lost history, the day I lost my hero and passion.  From her I learned that if you have a passion or a dream you can do it. No matter what it  is, if it's something you love, go for it.  You can do it.  She did it, you can too! SI SEPUEDE!

Wikipedia - For more about the life and music of Aaaliyah Haughton