Angelina Jolie Voight

by Salena from Texas

<a href=http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/entertainment/2007-03/02/xin_490304021732009943729.jpg>Angelina</a>
Angelina

My hero is Angelina Jolie Voight. She has helped kids with her charities and adoptions in many different places. She adopted two kids from underdeveloped countries. She also takes part in the Maddox Jolie-Pitt project, which helps with funds for Jolie's son's native country, Cambodia. Jolie has two adopted children: Maddox of five years old and Zahara of two. Maddox is a native to Cambodia and Zahara is from Ethiopia. Angelina is an inspiration to all kids across the world and is always helping kids and adults that are in need.

Even though she helps out with orphans, she still finds precious time to help the 35 million refugees in need as a United Nations Goodwill Ambassador. In 1998, she became inspired with refugees while reading movie script about a woman who helps refugees. After being so touched by what she had read, Jolie wanted to travel to Africa's Sierra Leone to have a look for herself at all of the refugees. She soon called the United Nations and made arrangements to go there. She felt that she needed to learn more about refugees and wanted to do more responsible things with her life.

Angelina found that her trip to Africa moved her and changed her life. She said she witnessed death among her. She also said that she saw children with missing limbs just because of them being born in the wrong place. She immediately took action with United Nations in 2001. She wanted to get others interested in what she had started doing.

Since her Africa trip, Angelina has spent two months here and there visiting refugee camps around the world. She has not only traveled to Sierra Leone, but to Tanzania, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cambodia, Pakistan, Kosovo, Chechnya, and Ecuador. Since then, the United Nations has named Angelina its first U.N. (United Nations) citizen of the world.

Jolie spends a lot of time with her kids. She takes good care of them and makes sure they get nothing but the best. Angelina also takes care of the refugees and orphans the same way. I'm sure that they are very grateful for what Angelina has done for them. In my eyes, Angelina Jolie is truly a hero.

WildAid - Maddox Jolie Pitt Project