Anne Frank

by Kaitlyn from Selden

she wrote: I can't tell you how oppressive it is never to be able to go outdoors, also I am very afraid that we will be discovered and shot.

Can you describe a person who is unselfish, successful, a fighter or intelligent? You may not but I know a young girl that was very successful and intelligent in many different ways. This young girl was named Ann Frank. Ann Frank was a Jewish girl trying to get by in the war of 1942 - 1945. She was a very beautiful girl. Her family loved her very much. I picked Ann Frank as my hero because she has taught me how to feel confident and speak my mind. She was a very intelligent young lady. She was a good student in class. She was successful because she wrote for the whole world. She inspired other people to write just like her. That’s why I picked Ann Frank to be my hero.

Anne loved to write and was a good student. One day in class the teacher asked her to read the story that she had wrote for homework one night. Anne stood up, nice and tall, and read it. The whole entire class loved it, the teacher was so blown away. That’s how Anne became so successful with her writing. For her thirteenth birthday on June 12, 1942, Anne received a small notebook which she had pointed out to her father in a shop window a few days earlier.

In the time of Anne Frank, Anne had to face a serious situation. World War Two was going on at this time. Anne Frank and her family had to go in to hiding. At this time Anne lived in the Netherlands with her family. Anne had 3 other family members in her family. She had a sister named Margot Frank, her father was Otto Frank, and her mom was named Edith Frank. In 1942 they had to go into hiding because the Nazis where taking over Germany and the Netherlands under their leader, Hitler. Hitler was a very selfish and hated a lot of different cultures. So at that time the Frank family went into hiding. There hiding place was small but they made do with it. It was in a small building up a very long steep staircase; in front the door was a bookcase so that they could hide where they where living so the Germans would not find them.

Anne had this diary that she loved to write in every time she noticed or heard something, she would write in her diary. Anne spent most of her time reading and studying, while continuing to write and edit her diary. In late July, the Frank family were joined by the van Pels family: Hermann, Auguste and 16-year-old Peter, and then in November by Fritz Pfeffer, a dentist and friend of the family.

Anne can be a role model to other people because of all the pain she got put through. She inspired me to be strong, and to be a very successful writer. She could be a hero to other people because of all that she has done. Her diary was saved during the war by one of the family’s helpers, Miep Gies; the book was first published in 1947. Today her diary has been translated into 67 languages and is one of the most popularly read books in the world. Anne also survived a couple of months at the concentration camp and took care of her sister Margot until she died. That’s what Anne did to be my hero.

This Person is so unique because of all she has done. She had her book published. And the whole world saw it. Anne's diary began as a private game of her thoughts and she wrote several times that she would never allow anyone to read it. She constantly described her life, her family and companions, and their situation, while beginning to recognize her ambition to write fiction for publication. Anne graduated as a hero because of the writing that she had left behind. Anne was also unique because she was a very lovely and well mannered young lady.

Sadly in the year of 1945 Anne was put to a tragic death. The last entry Anne wrote in her diary was on August 1, 1944. Three days after this was written, the German police found their hiding place, and they were taken to concentration camps. The diary was left behind. Margot and she were forced to work terrible jobs, such as smashing batteries. The acid burned her fingers. About one month before the Jews were freed, Anne died of typhus disease. Then a couple of weeks later her father returned home and weeks later when he found out that no one survived he was given the diary of Anne's. That’s when he had the diary published. This essay is written in the loving memory of Anneliese Marie Frank