Anthony Kiedis

by Tanner from Billings

It seems like the chaos of this world is accelerating, but so is the beauty in the consciousness of more and more people.
<a href=http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/MMPH/262253~Anthony-Kiedis-Posters.jpg>Anthony Kiedis</a>
Anthony Kiedis

Anthony Kiedis has had a very traumatic life. In his short life thus far he has been through more than some do in an entire lifetime.

Anthony Kiedis was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan on November 1 1962. His parents divorced three years later, his dad an inspiring actor moved to Hollywood while his mom stayed in Michigan. Anthony stayed in Michigan until he was 11 until he moved to California with his dad. Moving in with his dad was an unfortunate experience for Anthony. His dad opened up a world of sex and drugs to him, influencing him in such ways in that he did his first line of cocaine at age 12. From an early age Kiedis battled drug addiction and it followed him for years to come.

<a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bb/AnthonyKiedis.jpg/280px-AnthonyKiedis.jpg>Anthony Kiedis</a>
Anthony Kiedis

Anthony is famous due to his part in the rock group Red Hot Chili Peppers. Flea, the bassist of the band, and Anthony are the only original members of the band. On June 25, 1988 Anthony's best friend and guitar player in the band Hillil overdosed on heroin. At the time of the death Anthony was a severe junkie, disappearing for days and week at a time. After the death of Hillil he vowed to never shoot up again. He went and lived on a boat house in Mexico with some heroin and coke and he slowly weaned himself off the drugs. Kiedis stayed sober for years until he had to have a tooth removed, he asked the doctor not to use a narcotic but the operation required it. The day after surgery he was back down town getting balloons full of heroin and disappearing for days. For years after he would stay clean for months living a great life with a girlfriend making music and being clean, until he would break up with a girl and it would cause relapses. This routine went on for years. Every time a girl left his life he would relapse. He didn't realize this until he was in rehab and was required to make a timeline of important events on a board. Kiedis and his father who used the name "Blackie" have since cleaned up their acts and are sober now.

Kiedis has inspired me in many ways. Reading his book has really matured me I feel. He has been through so much yet he still maintains his happy go lucky mentality. His music is a whole new world, his songs have so many hidden deep meaning that only he knows the reasoning behind.

Anthony Kiedis will make music and continue to inspire people across the world for years to come. He has been through a lot and he loves to share it with people. Scar Tissue is a book everyone should read.