Ayumi Hamasaki

by Kathy from Taipei

My hero is a Japanese singer named Hamasaki Ayumi, who has lots of fans in the eastern Asia. Her first appearance was in 1998. Ayu was then under contract to AVEX TRAX company. She is one of the most creative singers in AVEX, and the taxes she pays for the show business are often the highest one. Nowadays, she is trying another style for her next album.

As a singer, she sings songs. Ayumi is a strenuous singer. For example, she doesn’t have to write the lyrics of the songs, but she did; she doesn’t have to change her singing style so often, but she did. Ayu had done so many things that she doesn’t have to, but through these efforts she has gained fans’ appreciation.

People enjoy her songs, not only the unique style but also the punk style. She inspires so many people with her meaningful songs. She conveys her feelings, her sadness, and her life with the lyrics she wrote. Although she has to hold a lot of concerts, she still stays in Japan most of her time. I believe that is the best place for her.

I usually listen to her music, especially when I feel upset, because of the resonant lyrics and strong feelings interpreted by her powerful voice. I always feel better after listening to Ayu’s songs. Her refined lyrics often amazed me, and it also helps me to pick the right words for my journals.

She is the most powerful person I have ever met! The lyrics of her songs are perfect! I can’t even say a word after listening to any of them. "She is an amazing person! I see passion in her eyes." Passion is the key to success, and the most important thing is that she must have the faith in herself even in a chaotic condition. That's why I choose her as my hero.