Bill Belsey

by Joshua from Calgary

What the mind can conceive and the heart can believe, we CAN achieve!
Bill Belsey Web (I made it)
Bill Belsey Web (I made it)

William Alexander Belsey (Mr. Belsey’s real name) was born in Ottawa, Ontario. Mr. Belsey was also raised in Ottawa, Ontario. He went to university at Queen’s University in Kingston. Mr. Belsey’s parent’s names were Pat and Stan. When he went to school his favorite subjects were social studies, science, music, and reading. I also really like reading. Some of his special memories are making the football team, when he was the official photographer for the Queen of England, and when he was accepted at Queens University. When he was younger he wanted to be a teacher. Also when he was younger he wanted to go to Queens University, he wanted to go to Northern Canada, and he wanted to be a photographer, which all happened!

Bill Belsey (I made it)
Bill Belsey (I made it)

Mr. Belsey is an excellent teacher and travels to places to talk about how bullying is bad and can hurt people inside and out. Mr. Belsey was also the one that started Bullying Awareness Week to get more people thinking about how bullying is bad. That’s what makes him remarkable. I admire his life because he cares about not only himself, but other people as well. I think the hardest thing for him would be kids not listening to what he has to say, and the thing he likes best is that kids appreciate him coming to their school to talk about bullying. He teaches that you should always standing up for someone who is being bullied, and that no one likes to be bullied!

Bill Belsey Picture (I drew it.)
Bill Belsey Picture (I drew it.)

I think Mr. Belsey is a true hero because he doesn’t just share knowledge with others, he really cares about them learning and uses different ways of teaching and makes learning interesting. He also helps people learn how to deal with bullying problems. Don’t you think that’s a hero! I think a hero is someone who helps others, not like some pop star! Mr. Belsey is alive and well, living in Calgary, and teaches my class! Isn’t that cool! Why I chose him as my hero is because he really cares about kids and he helps people with their problems. What I’ve learned from him is that average people like you and I can make a huge difference! If you’re being bullied, visit www.bullying.org where you’re not alone!

Bullying.org - Check out this great resource!