Benjamin Franklin

by Paul from Colorado

<a href=http://www.jimmycarterlibrary.org/tour/ovaloffice/images/O-Ben.jpg>Ben Franklin</a>
Ben Franklin

Benjamin Franklin was born on January 17, 1706, in Boston Massachusetts. When he lived in Boston and he was ten, his father owned a store. His father told him to work in his store. What Franklin liked about working at the store is that he liked to save money so he could buy a book for himself. The reason I think Benjamin Franklin is a hero is he is courageous and selfless.

Benjamin Franklin is selfless because when he went swimming at the age of 70 he became famous. People started to ask him to show people how to swim and people thought that he was selfless.

I think Ben is courageous because he never gave up. He is courageous to his people because he freed his two slaves, and joined a group so he could work for the freedom of all slaves.

He died on April 17, 1790. He was buried in Philadelphia. Then they made a statue of him. Finally they honored him on the hundred-dollar bill.