Bill Gates

by Dilraj from San Diego

Microsoft
Microsoft

Entrepreneur Bill Gates founded the world's largest software business, Microsoft, with Paul Allen and became one of the richest men in the world. Bill Gates is one of the world richest men and also a very generous philanthropist as he donates millions of dollars to the worlds poor and needy. Bill Gates changed the world and shaped it to be what it is today. His dream was to make computers public, and worldwide. After he did this it made it easier to sell his product and achieve his mission. Now everyone has computers in their houses, schools, and libraries. He founded a company which helped to make life much more convenient and easier for countless people. His program known as Microsoft helped thousands of people accomplish daily tasks in an efficient as well as a before user friendly manner. Although Gates dropped out of college, he still had the determination to pursue his dream of improving the world of computers. He helped write the program called Basic. Bill Gates was born in Seattle. He had two sisters, a dad who was lawyer, and his mom was a teacher. Chairman of Microsoft. Graduated for Lakeside HS. Dropped out of Harvard. Microsoft makes PCs. He successfully accomplished his goals educates everybody that no matter what you can always achieve your dreams. A hero must be someone who has impacted the world greatly in a positive way to make it a better place and a great example of this would be Bill Gates who has made life so much easier. He helped the masses of poor people all over the world. Bill Gates is not just a man with a billion dollars, his selflessness and his craving to make a better and more tech savvy world has made him a world renowned hero.

Bill Gates is a generous donator of millions of dollars to charities and organizations which make him a selfless man. Many people has made great sacrifices for the better of mankind, but bill gates is certainly a more prominent figure because; "The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, which currently has assets of $30.6 billion, recently received $30.7 billion from Buffett, chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, to spend toward world health, poverty, scholarships and increasing access to technology in public libraries" ("Buffett's $31 billion"). He has a kind heart. He helps other and donates too many different organizations. He promotes education and health. He cares about others education and is always striving to improve society; "The new funds bode well for Black education. Since its inception in 2000, the foundation has distributed $10.5 billion in grants. Of those grants, more than $1 billion went to the Gates Millennium Scholars, which is administered by the United Negro College Fund (UNCF)" ("Buffett's $31 billion") He helps African Americans go to college and learn so they can have the same fighting chance as everyone else.

(Microsoft)
(Microsoft)

Technology has made life so easy from the technology started from Microsoft and the profit earned from the products. Bill gates sees how fortunate he has been and is always trying to give back to help others and make the world a better place to live in. "The partnership has said that $500 million will be needed to bring a microbicide to market. Zeda Rosenberg, chief executive of the partnership, said it now had ''a meaningful down payment'' toward development of an affordable drug to prevent transmission during sexual intercourse of the virus that causes AIDS" (Strom, Stephanie). AIDS is a big problem and he puts aside 500 million dollars just so he could help cure them even though he doesn't have AIDS. Bill Gates is always trying to make life easier for the people around him. "The technology that Microsoft has developed has made life trouble-free and efficient" ("Woog, Adam). Bill Gates has made life so much easier by taking technology to a whole new level. We don't need to write on paper anymore, just open a computer and type everything. There are so many more examples of the things Bill Gates have created using technology to make life trouble-free.

Bill Gates has impacted the world to a great extent and made it an improved place. Bill Gates has also helped the masses of unfortunate people all over the globe. He gives millions to charity to cure AIDS and fix world problems. His success in his career has led to greatness. His hard work is paying off because the foundation has produced more money and helped many people around the world. Thousands of people benefit from him every day. He is a hero because he uses his money to save others. I am convinced that Bill Gates is a hero because he is not only a benevolent person but also a genuine philanthropist who strives to rid the world of poverty and disease.

Works Consulted

"Buffett's $31 billion donation boosts reach of Gates Foundation.(Warren Buffett, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation)(Brief article)." Jet. 110. 2 (July 17, 2006): 47(2). Student Resource Center - Junior. Gale. DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL. 6 Feb. 2013

Emdee, Warner. "Bill Gates." Bill Gates. C.T. Evans, Jan. 2001. Web. 06 Feb. 2013.

"Gates, Bill (1955-)." DISCovering Biography. Online ed. Detroit: Gale, 2003. Student Resource Center - Junior. Gale. DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL. 6 Feb. 2013 .

Morningstar. "Bill Gates - Forbes." Forbes. Forbes Magazine, 2013. Web. 06 Feb. 2013. . Strom, Stephanie. "Grant Will Support Development Of Topical H.I.V. Medications.(National Desk)(International Partnership for Microbicides gets $60 million donation from Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation)." The New York Times. (April 1, 2003 pA14 col 05 (9 col): A14. Student Resource Center - Junior. Gale. DEL NORTE HIGH SCHOOL. 6 Feb. 2013 .

Woog, Adam. Bill Gates. San Diego: Lucent, 1999. Print. People in the News.

Bill Gates - Bill Gates notes
Bill Gates - Bill Gates Bio
Bill Gates - Microsoft