Bill Gates

by Luis from Farmersville

"I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot."

A hero. Not always the people with super strength or heat vision, but sometimes the ordinary people that put good into the world and ask for nothing in return. A hero must be willing to give to those who deserve or need and do what is necessary to succeed. A person that i believe has these characteristics is Bill Gates.

My hero is Bill Gates. Born William Henry Gates the Third, he was raised in Seattle, Washington. He is currently living in 1835 73rd Ave. NE Medina, Washington in a 66,000 sq. ft home that cost him 63 million dollars to build. He also pays about 1 million on taxes for his home every year. Bill Gates attended Lakeside Private School which at the time was one of the few schools in the US that had access to a computer. The fist program he ever used was a Tic-Tac-Toe, and soon after hacked his prep school computers.

I believe Bill Gates makes a difference because of his countless charities and donations. He has saved about 6 million lives with vaccines and better health care. Also he has donated about 28 billion dollars. Also I feel he encourages people to succeed in ways like giving opportunities or the proper guidance or simply people just working to live like him.

Bill Gates is a hero to others near and far. He fits this example because he has given billions of dollars in donations and has given many people opportunities to achieve.

Heroes are not always people with super strength or heat vision, but sometimes the normal people that put good into the world and ask for nothing in return. That is why my hero is Bill Gates.