Bill Gates

by Lamson from Eden Prairie

Bill Gates
Bill Gates

Bill Gates, Founder of Microsoft, is my hero because of all of the great, useful things that he has created. To me, Bill Gates has a brilliant mind with great ideas, and he knows how to get what he needs to accomplish his goals. William Henry Gates III is a man who is widely known throughout the world for his success and achievements. He is still alive today, still achieving great things. He was inspired by experiences he had as a young person.

William Henry Gates III was born on October 28th, 1955 to William H. Gates and Mary Maxwell Gates. At the age of 13 he enrolled in Lakeside School, an exclusive preparatory school. When Bill was in eighth grade, the Mothers Club at Lakeside School had a rummage sale to raise funds to buy an ASR-33 teletype terminal, along with a piece of computer time on a General Electric computer, for Lakeside School's students. Bill had acquired an interest in programming the General Electric system and was excused from math classes to pursue his interest. Later on, Gates attended college at Harvard University. He still kept in contact with an old friend named Paul Allen, who was to be his future business partner. Later on the pair formed Microsoft and Bill quit college to spend more time on his company.

Microsoft (venturebeat.com)
Microsoft (venturebeat.com)

Bill Gates and Paul Allen founded Microsoft, a company that is widely known throughout the world. Microsoft has created many useful programs that people use all over the globe, such as Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel. Microsoft Word is used for typing word documents while Power Point is used to make slide shows. Microsoft Excel is used to make charts and graphs. These are only some of the things that Microsoft has created. There are still many other things that Microsoft has done. All because of the founder, Bill Gates.

Some of you might say that Microsoft isn't as great as I give it credit for, but it is. They have revolutionized learning with word documents and slide shows that my school and other schools use all the time. These programs have helped us in everyday life. They simplify life and make our lives easier by removing a large amount of frustration. So I thank Microsoft for making our lives a bit more simplified.

Bill Gates is also my hero for many of his great qualities. He was and still is smart for all of the things that he has made. Another one of his qualities is that he makes good decisions. I know that he has this quality because his company is still very successful. One of his other qualities is leadership. He has led Microsoft for many years and has not allowed it to be a failing company. Bill Gates is my hero for all these things, but most of all, his best quality is helpfulness because Microsoft helped us by simplifying lives of people all over the world, not just in the United States.

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation - Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives.
Microsoft - Read more about Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft.