B.B. King

by Ethan from Weyauwega

The reason I picked B.B. King is because he is a phenomenal guitar player. In fact he is so good he is third on the Rolling Stones top 100 best guitar players of all time. He was also third on the Time ten best electric guitar players of all time. B.B. King has won 15 Grammys. He was even inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1987.

Riley King (B.B. King) was born on September 16, 1925 in Indianola, Mississippi. When he was just four years old his father abandoned him and his mother. His mother married another man. He was sent to live with his grandma in Kilmichael, Mississippi because his mother was too poor to raise him. He grew up singing in the choir at Elkhorn Baptist Church. He received his first guitar when he was 12 years old which he bought for $15.00. Then his blues career took off.

King started recording records with Sam Phillips. Then in 1949 B.B. King began recording songs with RPM Records located in Los Angeles. He started performing with The Newborn family at the Plantation Inn located in West Memphis. Later King formed his own band and named it The B.B. King Review. He started to tour in the United States. Playing at major locations and small night clubs.

B.B. King has won tons of awards such as the Presidential Medal of Freedom awarded to him by President George W. Bush. Also being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is pretty impressive. He has also been awarded the Kennedy Center Honors for his accomplishments. As well as 15 Grammys. There is even a "B.B. King Day" in Portland, Maine.

B.B. King has had amazing accomplishments in his life. He a great role model. He is amazingly talented. He will be honored and respected for his accomplishments for a long time. In my book he is the best blues musician of all time.