Bob Marley

by McKenna from Chicago

bob marley (http://www.soulculture.co.uk/culture-2/film-tv/film-blog/bob-marley-documentary-marley-trailer-unveiled-film-news/ ())

Bob Marley is a hero because he is recognized all over the world as an inspiring activist for human rights. He was born Robert Nesta Marley on February 6, 1945. He died in 1981.

One of his accomplishments was that some of his first songs, "Simmer Down" and "Trench Town Rock" were first on the Jamaican radio charts. He established a recording studio called Tuff Gong Records. Later, he acheived more worldwide popularity by working with more famous people like Leslie Kong, Johnny Nash, and Chris Blackwell. His greatest accomplishent was his presentation with the Third World Peace Medal for his protests for human rights.

Bob Marley went through some difficult periods in his life, besides the everyday struggle of surviving in a third- world country. His parents divorced when he was young, making him move into the impoverished neighborhood of Trenchtown with his mother. This inspired his lyrics about ordinary people standing up for their rights.

A quote from Bob Marley (www.squidoo.com ())

Bob Marley's music has a lighthearted music while speaking out about realistic issues that need to be fixed. He had many negative experiences when he was young. He is a hero because he was able to turn those experiences around into something positive that helped the world get closer to peace.

Some quotes are: "Truth is, everybody's going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for." "Don't gain the world and lose your soul. Wisdom is better than silver and gold." "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." "Love the life you live. Live the life you love." "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds."