Benetta Miller

by Jessica from Pickerington

The wise person understands that his own happiness must include the happiness of others. (Dennis Weaver)
Super Heroes.
Super Heroes.

When somebody says the word hero the first thing that comes into your mind is Superman, Spiderman, and Batman, etc. Yes, they are heroes but being a hero goes beyond just saving the world. Being a hero is also just giving somebody your change or helping somebody across the street, help feed the poor or help out at the homeless shelter. This is being a hero, helping people without a reason or a reward. It's doing the right thing.

Yes, everybody needs somebody to look up to or give them inspiration. Everybody needs somebody to guide them and help them get through life. Not having a hero can cause trouble and heartache. But having a hero can give you hope that you can make it in life and set examples of how to live right and how to treat others.

The person I chose was my grandmother. I chose her because she does anything & everything for me and my family. I am blessed enough to have a mother and father that can take care of me on their own, but my aunt struggles sometimes and my grandma is always there to help. For example, I used to go to a private school that had really good education. My grandma wanted the same education for my cousin so she paid for my cousin to go to the private school and get a good education. She also pays for my aunt's bills and if there us anything that me or my cousins need she is always there to help. She pays for my aunt's gas money when she has none and buys them groceries when they don't have any food. So this shows that she really does care for us and is always trying to keep our family peaceful.

You should enter my grandma in the hall of fame because she is a true hero. She has helped me and my family through thick and thin, and she has done all she can even when she was in a bad position. She is always up to helping people even if she doesn't know them. She also helps out at the hospital and ministers to them on Sundays about God. She is a wonderful person and is always up to helping people in need. She likes to keep peace in our family and make sure that everybody is happy. She goes above and beyond with her nursing students and she still teaches even though she already retired.

Q:Who is your hero? why?
A:Josephrine Taylor. She is my hero because when I was in nursing school to get my BSN and going through a divorce and didn't have much money. I had to take a test to stay in nursing school which cost $65. She gave me the money and said that I didn't have to pay her back. When I graduated I was able to pay her back even though she said I didn't have to.

Q:Do you think that you are a peacemaker?
A:Yes, because we can only accomplish things for other people in a peaceful atmosphere. So I always try.

Q:Do you feel obligated to help others? why?
A:I believe we are all mandated to help each other. We are all good Samaritans. So yes I feel that I am.

Q:How do you give back to society?
A:By being charitable to others and even people that I don't know. I still try to help everybody.

Q:Define Hero in your own words.
A:Someone who goes beyond, over, and above what is expected of them to help others. To save someone else or to lift someone up.