Barack Obama

by Justin from Newport Beach

"I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars."
Former President Lincoln and President Obama (www.google.com)

Do you know who has the same characteristics as Abraham Lincoln? Is this man my American hero and others' hero? Yes he is. It’s Barrack Obama. Barrack has the qualities of Abraham Lincoln because he’s honest, inspiring, and believes that all are created equal.

Abe and Barrack are straight forward, from Illinois, and served in the Illinois State Legislature. They both had strong women who influenced them. Abe had his mother Nancy Hanks, his stepmother, Sarah Burns Johnston, and his wife Mary Todd. Barrack had his mother, Grandmother, wife, Michelle, kids, Sasha and Malia. With these women on their sides, Abe and Barrack both grew up to be great leaders. They appealed to the public with honesty, caring, and conviction.

Obama
Obama

Abraham, our 16th president, had the conviction that all men were created equal. That’s why he wanted to abolish slavery completely. Barrack believes that all Americans are one and equal, no matter what religion or color. No matter where that person is from, he will be treated like any other person. This was the base of his campaign. Abraham Lincoln also has a part of freeing slaves and giving us the opportunity to be Americans and part of this great country.

President Obama wants Americans to be united and caring for one another. We’re not Democratic or Republicans, but Americans. He’s in an economic crisis, not of his own. But he has stepped up to the challenge like Lincoln did of the separation of Americans. They both have pulled America out of the darkness and into the light of day.

So the reason why Barrack Obama is my Lincoln hero is because he’s honest, inspiring, and believes that all are created equal. Those are my reasons why I chose Obama as my American hero. And I would like to say thank you both for making our country a better country. God Bless America.