Barack Obama

by Caleb from DuBois

Obama Shoes (sneakerobsession.com)
Obama Shoes (sneakerobsession.com)

In honor of Barack Obama, I did research about this hero in “Biography today”. I chose Barack Obama because he was the first black president in the U.S. In this article you will learn about family and childhood etc.

Barack Obama is still alive. He is married to his wife Michelle Obama. They have two daughters, the oldest is Malia Ann (born 1999) and the youngest is Natasha (born 2002). Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii on August 4, 1967. His Mother’s name is Stanley Ann Dunham. When she was born her Father wanted a boy so he named her Stanley.

Obama’s Father's name was Barack Obama Sr. Who was a Kenyan government official. When Obama was a child he had a nickname. His nickname was Barry. When Obama was growing up he never really knew his Father. So his grandpa would teach him things. He learned to eat bugs and dog meat.

Barack Obamas family (fitnessports.com)
Barack Obamas family (fitnessports.com)

Obama is famous for being the president of the United States of America. It would be a great honor to for someone to be President. Obama spent a couple years in national politics. When he was studying for national politics many people thought he was going to be first Black president of the United States.

Some inspiration was when he was about seven years old, he was waiting at his mother’s office for her to get out of a meeting. Idly paging through a magazine, he found a story about African-Americans people who tried to bleach their skin in order to appear white.

Well I’ve learned a lot about Obama. We have talked about a lot of things in this story. Like where he grew up and what schools he went to. I hope that will help you.

not given. "Barack Obama." Biography Today. Jan. 2007. 74 - 92