Bethany Hamilton

by Mariah from Cleveland, Ohio

"A Strong Girl"

I have many heros in my life but Bethany Hamilton is my most beloved hero.I just finished reading her book, "Soul Surfer." The book really inspired me and helped me realize that you can never stop trying.Bethany is a young girl who was born and raised in Hawaii!Pretty cool, huh?She grew up surfing with a supporting family. Her love and talent of surfing has helped her win many competitions.One normal day Bethany was surfing like normal and something happend that would change her life. Something she would remember for a lifetime.

Bethany Hamilton
Bethany Hamilton

She was attacked by a shark. It was a quiet shark that crept up behind her as she was surfing. The shark took her arm and half of her surf board. With her strong faith in God she was able to make it to the shore alive! She has been a strong believer in Christ her whole life!

After her recoverey came the media. She has become a popular young lady and is back on the board! This shows that she is indeed a true believer and a girl who is the definition of the word,"Strong." Bethany has inspired me so much! I'm inspired to never give up, have faith in God, and always stay positive no matter what happens because with God you will get through it all! Thank-you bethany:)

Wikipedia - For more about Bethany Hamilton