Bethany Hamilton

by Miranda from Cinncinati

"Man is what he believes." Anton Checkov

Bethany Hamilton is my hero. She was born on February 8, 1990. She is 16 today and is still alive today after a tiger shark attached her. I chose her as my hero because she shows that even if something really bad happens to you, you can still go on!

Bethany at Award ceremony.<br> (bethanyhamilton.com)
Bethany at Award ceremony.
(bethanyhamilton.com)

Bethany lives in Princeton, Kauai. Her lifelong dream is to become a professional surfer. She has a relationship with Jesus Christ and believes in him.

Bethany is about 5’ 6” and has blonde hair. She is an only child and loves her family. Bethany is athletic, brave and on-going as a hero because she shows how to believe in yourself and have faith in yourself!

Bethany on the cover of a book about her. (bethanyhamilton.com)

Something significant about her is that she was a finalist for the Most Inspiring Person of the Year Award. She is very significant because after she got attacked by a shark, and lost an arm, she still surfs. She is very intelligent and amazing! Most people thought that she would stop surfing after she lost her arm, but she doesn't, she still goes on.