Cesar Millan

by Charlotte from Arizona

<a href=http://www.dogchannel.com/images/cesar_pic.jpg>Cesar Millan and friend</a>
Cesar Millan and friend

Born in Mexico on August 29th, 1969, is Cesar Millan, who believes that "there are not bad dogs – only bad owners." Cesar has had a special connection with dogs ever since his boyhood where he grew up on his Grandfather’s farm with a group of dogs. He grew up in almost-poverty for must of his life, and when he was in his early teens, his family bought their first television set, where Cesar watched ‘Lassie’ and ‘The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin’ every morning. At school, he was often teased by the name: "el perrerro" which means "dog boy", an insult to a person, because dogs were referred to as mangy animals in the particular area.

He turned eighteen, and not too long after, he left the old ranch he was raised upon, to cross the Mexico borderline, onto the United States where he was to hopefully find a job with dogs to pay money for a home to rent. He spoke no English at all. It was a month of dog training for famous celebrities and a month of living on the street before he had the money and rented his first apartment in the early 1900s.

Cesar’s current job is a dog ‘whisperer’. The same man who grew up from almost nothing now has his own TV show, hotline (which has over 100 calls per day), and Dog Psychology center. "I rehabilitate dogs; I train people," Cesar says when he is asked how he ‘trains’ dogs. Today, Millan rehabilitates the most vicious Dobermans, cowardly Chihuahuas, or any dog’s fears and bad habits.

Cesar is married to a woman named Illusion, and they have 2 sons named Cesar Andre, who is 11 years and Calvin Christian, 7 years old. They all help out at his Dog Psychology Center, in Southern Los Angeles. Even celebrities have requested for Cesar for help with their dogs! He worked with Oprah Winfrey’s cocker spaniel he was invited onto the show in 2006. Hilary Duff, Nicolas Cage, Daisy Fuentes, Annie Potts, and Will and Jada Smith also have had their pooches rehabilitated from their quirks and fears. Cesar is my hero because he has such a unique bond with all sorts of dogs, ranging from big to small, and he treats them all as they were his own kids.

Cesar Millan - His Website
"The Dog Whisperer" - National Geographic channel
Cesar Millan - from Wikipedia