Cassie Bernal

by Elise from Greeley

Cassie Bernal "It's easy to die for Christ but it's hard to live for him. Dying takes only an hour or two but to live for Christ means to die daily, only during a few years of this life are we given the privilege of serving each other and Christ. We shall have Heaven forever, but only have a short time of service here. Therefore we must not waste it."

Cassie Bernal was a 17 year old girl who went to Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado. On April 20th 1999, there was a shooting at the school. The killer pointed a gun at Cassie's head and asked her if she believed in God. She Said Yes, and died because of that. Cassie Bernal is the one person I look up to, besides my family.

She showed lots of bravery saying yes that she believed in God. Cassie risked her life for God and showed how much she loved God and wanted to be with him. Bravery is an amazing trait that Cassie Bernal showed me along with others.

Cassie took selflessness to stand up for her faith and made a big sacrifice for Jesus Christ to die for Him. Cassie Bernal shows us a life lesson example for us. We need to set this example to live for Christ for our daily lives. Her story spread the fastest out of all the stories of people who died in the shooting.

Cassie Bernal has impacted so many of us including me and her family. Being a hero takes many traits. Cassie shows these traits mainly, bravery, courage, and selflessness. Cassie died for what she believed in and stood up for it well. This is why Cassie Bernal is my hero.