Angels

C. Dupre

by Heather from Bourg

<a href=http://www.e-flowersuk.co.uk/dynamic_images/full/89_1.jpg>RIP</a>
RIP

My hero is my dad, Carroll "Jose" Dupre. When I was nine, he passed away from stomach cancer. He has done so much for me when he was alive. He is and always will be my hero. In my nine years of knowing him, I've never met anyone else that has come close to being a role model to me. And no one ever will measure up to him in my eyes.

I always looked up to my dad. I wish I could've know him longer, but from what I do know, he has done many great things in his life that I should be proud of. He lived his life the way you should, living it like there was no tomorrow. I appreciate everything he has ever done for me. I look up to him for many reasons, he was strong, caring, thoughtful,but for one he was my dad. And even though he isn't here with me every day, I know that he's looking over me everyday of my life, helping me in every way possible.

My hero lives in Heaven. He was born, in Houma and lived most of his life in Pointe-Aux-Chenes. But from when I was a baby until I was nine, we lived in Patterson. From now on, he lives his life in a beautiful place called Heaven and will be living there forever. And one day, I'll be there with him.

My hero was born in the 1950s and died on September 2, 2001. He was around 47 years old, and too young to die. September 1st was one of the worst days of my life. As a nine year old, you don't need to hear that your dad has passed away. When he passed away he left a wife and two daughters. And since then, our family has never been the same.

This person is important to me in every way possible. Everything he has ever done for me has impacted me in one way or another. First of all he's my dad, but more than that, he's my hero. He never once let me down, and I don't think he ever will. He will always be here for me. Even though he's not around I know I can count on him to be here for me.