Eleanor Roosevelt

by Maddie from Suwanee

This Eleanor Roosevelt when she was younger (www.ajli.org)

Eleanor Roosevelt once said "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dream." Eleanor was the first lady who worked with human rights, especially with women's rights. Eleanor Roosevelt is a hero because she did all in her power to make others happy and to make everyone equal.

At a young age both of Eleanor's parents died, so she always tried her hardest to make them happy. Also, it always bothered her that some people weren't equal because of their different qualities. She took this passion of hers towards inequality and changed the world in many great ways. As she got older and more into it she found more influence by speaking out and holding press conferences with women reporters.

This is Eleanor giving a speech ( (cache2.asset-cache.net))

Eleanor Roosevelt is a hero to many because she showed compassion and dedication. Eleanor has always had a strong passion for human rights and everybody being equal even if they have different qualities. According to FDR Library, she showed compassion while she was in the White House by always helping her husband, who was sick, when he needed it and she helped with human rights, (Presidential Library and Museum). This evidence proves that Eleanor helped out and cared about many people and never gave up on them. In addition, Eleanor Roosevelt is a hero because she showed dedication. In 100 People Who Change The World, the author states that, "... she used her as First Lady to fight for human rights around the world. She gave lectures , Radio broadcasts, and had daily newspaper column, 'My Day,'" (Freedman 30). As a result, Eleanor Roosevelt did all in her power to give many people the things they needed and never stopped until she accomplished the problem. In light of this information, Eleanor Roosevelt is a hero by showing compassion and dedication by helping others.

Eleanor Roosevelt in The White House ( (www.firstladies.org))

Eleanor Roosevelt has made effects to the world in many great ways. The long term effects that Eleanor has made on the world is everyone has the same rights and everyone is equal even if they have different qualities like skin color. Eleanor's speeches about rights have impacted the world until today. Now, most people have the rights to do many things because of Eleanor Roosevelt.

Eleanor Roosevelt is a hero to many because she did all in her power to make others happy and to make everyone equal. She did this through by saying speeches about rights and helping her husband in the White House while he was sick. In conclusion, Eleanor Roosevelt was an inspiration because she showed compassion and dedication to everyone.

Works Cited "Eleanor Roosevelt." 100 People Who Changed America. New York: Scholastic, 2004. 30. Print. "Eleanor Roosevelt Biography | American First Lady and Social Activist." Eleanor Roosevelt Biography | American First Lady and Social Activist. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Sept. 2015. "Eleanor Roosevelt Biography." Bio.com. A&E Networks Television, n.d. Web. 23 Sept. 2015. "Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes." BrainyQuote. Xplore, 2001. Web. 21 Sept. 2015. "Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum." Franklin D. Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Sept. 2015. "Question: What New Deal Policies Did Eleanor Roosevelt Influence?" Question: What New Deal Policies Did Eleanor Roosevelt Influence? N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Sept. 2015.