Next Deadline - March 1st

Ron Kovic is an accomplished author, painter, and activist who has worked for world peace over the last 40 years. As a former Marine Corps sergeant, he served two tours of duty in the Vietnam War before being wounded in combat and paralyzed from the mid-chest down. He went on to become a prominent spokesperson for the anti-war movement and has since addressed the Democratic National Convention in 1976, President Obama and other dignitaries at the 32nd annual Kennedy Center Honors Ceremony in 2009, and Rome's Mayor Gianni Alemanno and other civic leaders as a member of Council for Dignity, Forgiveness, and Reconciliation in 2010.

Born on the Fourth of July is an award-winning feature film by Oliver Stone, where Ron Kovic is portrayed by Tom Cruise.

The MY HERO Film Festival is honored to annually bestow the Ron Kovic Peace Prize to the director of the short film that

most effectively addresses the issue of world peace. Up to $1000 of cash prizes supports the critical efforts of

artists and peace activists whose work shows the power of non-violent solutions to our world's troubles. 

Click here to download the PDF Postcard.

VIEW THE RON KOVIC PEACE PRIZE SIZZLE

2023 Ron Kovic Peace Prize Winner - WAR

2023 Ron Kovic Youth Peace Prize Winner - Shalom Ukraine

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE 2023 RON KOVIC PEACE PRIZE FINALISTS

2022 Ron Kovic Peace Prize Winner - Alan Magee - Art is not a Solace

VIEW ALL OF THE 2022 FINALISTS HERE

2021 RON KOVIC PEACE PRIZE WINNER - OutSwing by Samar Minallah Khan

2020 Winner - The Peace of Wild Things by Katy Wang Poet: Wendell Berry

2020 Winner - The Curious Scroll: How Does Something Ugly Become Beautiful by Andrew Purchin

Congratulations to ALL of the 2020 Peace Prize FInalists

2019 Winner - Bullets to Books featuring Jok Abraham Thon

View the 2019 Ron Kovic Peace Prize Finalists

2018 Winner Kim Phuc [excerpt] -The Sunrise Storyteller by Kasha Sequoia Slavner

View the 2018 Ron Kovic Peace Prize Finalists

2017 Winner - Reclaiming Pakistan by Lisa Donato

2016 Winner - Post War Machismo: Be A Man by Liz Mermin

2016 peace prize winner

2015 Winner - Defying Death in Sough Sudan by Francis Mead

2015 peace prize

2014 Winner- Blessed is the Peacemaker by Taqi Juba

2014 peace prize

2013 peace prize

2012 peace prize

2011 peace prize

2010 peace prize

2009 peace prize

2008 peace prize