View Comments

Dominic M Macavoray from Freetown , Ghana - 3/23/2017 at 9:11:26 AM.
The character of a hero plays tremendous role in making who he/she is and what he/she is doing to make life wonderful for others. His life matter, what he do and how he do is consider in making him/her a hero.

Jose Palacio from San Antonio , United States - 3/3/2017 at 9:50:40 AM.
The way you define a hero is how they represent themselves or how they look at at other people's abilities . And this can be anyone from any gender or of race, economics, social class, sexual orientation, gender, ethnicity or even intellectual ability. Campbell defines heroes as an "average Joes because they make the effort to sacrifice their life to put food on the table. Or one that rages in a fire to save a life." So you know when you see a Herero because of their way to inspire people. So the character is more important then the their actions. You can change or even save a life by just the way speak

- 3/3/2017 at 9:48:42 AM.
Character is how you act on a constant basis. Yes , I do believe that character is important because if the hero doesn't have character then the deed will make him self- righteous. The hero will then be helping people expecting something in return. The hero won't appreciate the deed with out character. So if you don't have character then you don't appreciate things as much.

Elijah Contreras from , United States - 3/2/2017 at 9:59:16 AM.
When we see a hero, we see a courageous person willing to do anything it'll take to accomplish a goal or do the right thing for others. Setting the example for others and being a leader will also get you into the spot of being a hero. Not many people are heroes, but when we do see a hero, we see multiple characteristics that stand out from them and make a difference to the people around them. When everyone around you, let's say in your household, community, school, whatever the cause may be, you are effecting those people in a good way that they have been changed to having a positive attitude to being a hero themselves because of you. It's not bad being a hero. Being a hero shows that you care for the world and want to make it better than it already is.

Annika from West Milford, - 12/15/2016 at 9:20:34 AM.
Yes. The hero should not be doing the deed for just publicity, he/she should be doing it because they want to, and want to help people.

Matthew from Westmilford, United States - 12/15/2016 at 9:08:49 AM.
I do not think that the character of a hero is as important as the heroic deed itself. I think this because the hero just needs to have the will inside of them to help a problem that is occurring. There could be a mean person that sees a problem and wants to help. They just need to realize that there is a problem and want to help out. For example if there is a kitten stuck in a short three, the person could see that there is a problem and want to help. Therefore, character of the person is not as important as the heroic deed itself.

Sophia from , USA - 12/15/2016 at 9:08:01 AM.
I think that the character of a hero is just as important as the heroic deed. A person could do a good deed but still be a grumpy and mean person so what kind of hero is that? Personally, I think that a hero can be an optimistic person who cheers people up and makes them feel good.

Andrew from West Milford, U.S.A - 12/13/2016 at 9:30:47 AM.
I do think that the character of the hero is as important as the deed.Since if you are a robber, in a war you may be good at fighting but in a regular town you would be a bad guy so to be a hero you need a good character.

Erin from West Milford, U.S.A. - 12/13/2016 at 9:29:16 AM.
Yes, I do that the character of a hero is as important as the heroic deed because if someone is a criminal or robber and the are fighting for their country in a war, they are still criminals and mean.

Colin from , USA - 12/13/2016 at 9:29:15 AM.
I think the character of the hero is more important than the deed itself. I think this because the action might be an accident, like if someone's cat is stuck in a tree and the "hero" just walking by at the moment the cat fell and caught it that's just an accident, as to if someone purposely saved the cat and took it down from the tree.

Jilena from , United States of America - 12/13/2016 at 9:28:13 AM.
I do not think that the character of the hero is as important as the heroic deed because it's not how you dress or look, it's in what you do it's what;s in the inside.

Colin from West milford, U.S. - 12/13/2016 at 9:24:58 AM.
I think the person is more important than the deed.The person may just accidentally help like if someone was falling onto a subway track and he pushes him a different direction not on purpose.

Jack from West Milford, U.S. - 12/13/2016 at 9:21:09 AM.
I think the character is more important because who knows they could be a mass murder that accidentally save someone. Like maybe someone falls off a building and a bad guy puts his arms out with out realizing and he gets credit but he is actly bad.

Emma from , USA - 12/1/2016 at 9:27:10 AM.
No, I think the heroic deed is more important than the character of the hero. The character of the hero doesn't matter because it could be somebody famous who did a small heroic action and there could be a homeless man who could have done a huge heroic action. You cannot think the famous person did something better then the homeless man just because he is famous.

Brandon from West Milford, - 12/1/2016 at 9:26:38 AM.
I don't think the character of a hero is as important as the heroic deed itself. I don't think so because if he/she was a good person but didn't do a good deed I don't think he would be considered a hero. However, if a person with a not great attitude did a heroic deed I think he should be considered a hero because he was acting like one even though he doesn't have as good as a character as someone else who didn't do a heroic deed.

Olivia from West Milford, - 12/1/2016 at 9:26:15 AM.
No I don't think that the character of a hero is as important as the heroic deed itself. I think this because someone can be a hero by doing something heroic like planting a tree in a community with limited trees to saving some's life. But it doesn't matter if they have a bad character. They did something good and that's what matters.

Linna from West Milford, USA - 12/1/2016 at 9:24:16 AM.
I do think that the character of the hero is as important as the heroic deed because if you do a heroic deed just to become popular that is not a good reason to do that deed. You have to do that deed if you are really willing to do it not just so you can become popular. Also the character of the hero is really important because if you do community service or visit people in hospitals and are really grumpy when you do it your deed is pointless. No one in the hospital wants to see someone that is mean or grumpy and if you are doing community service with a bad attitude you might do a bad job on whatever you are working on. Yes, I think the character of a hero is as important as the heroic deed.

Lucas from West Milford, North America - 12/1/2016 at 9:21:58 AM.
I think the character of the hero is as important as the deed itself because the hero might have a bad personality but have done something good. Then they might do something else good but since their personality they might make them do something bad. So if they are a bad person that does something good, they might not always be good.

Nadia from West Milford, United States of America - 12/1/2016 at 9:17:40 AM.
The character of a hero is as important as the heroic deed itself. This is because it takes a person with a good heart to do something heroic. It also takes courage and strength from within. A hero is someone who does heroic deeds, but it also someone with a good heart who knows the value of good deeds.

Sierra from West Milford, USA - 12/1/2016 at 9:10:35 AM.
I think that the hero and the heroic deed are equally important. Without the hero there would be no heroic deed and without the heroic deed the hero would not have heroism as a characteristic.

Mandi from west milford , U.S.A - 12/1/2016 at 9:10:06 AM.
No, you may be brave and caring and strong, But if you're not willing to be a hero. Heroes must be willing to help because that's what makes a hero a hero.

Mia from , United States - 3/2/2016 at 10:56:10 AM.
Yes because if a person is as heroic as a hero they have to be kind,forgiveness,brave,joy,love,and faithfulness. If they are like that they might be a hero. A good hero also saves lives and helps people feel better. A hero also makes the world a better place. A hero is very kind to others and makes them feel better. A hero is nice and helps you through life sometimes. A hero could be you Mom,Dad,Teacher, and even Friend.

Hayley from , United States - 3/2/2016 at 10:49:27 AM.
You can find hero's in all ages.You might be a hero for saving a life from a raging fire to save animals from extinction.Another way from being a hero is inspiring others.Hero's have honesty,faith,hope,love,and loyalty.To be a hero you can be a role model.If you want to be a hero be kind and don't be selfish.

Cole from Solon, North America - 3/2/2016 at 10:44:38 AM.
No I think the heroic deed is more important than the character itself. Also I think that If you do something like being nice or helping someone every day that could turn into a reality. A lot of people think that it so important to be famous but think that doing something great could really change the way people see things.

Brick from North Liberty, North America - 3/2/2016 at 10:44:35 AM.
A heroic deed is very important.The deed is more important than the hero.People dream of being famous and some think that is so importantTruly I think doing a heroic deed is better because you know inside you did a amazing thing and people don't have to notice you to be a hero.Even if you just do a little deed every day that could lead into a heroic deed someday.Anyone can do a heroic deed.Sometimes you don't even realize it. Try to do a heroic deed every day or just a deed.Make people see things from a different angle and try to change the world.

Kira from Solon, United States - 3/2/2016 at 10:42:58 AM.
Yes, I do think that the character is as important as the deed itself because if you do a heroic deed you should really mean it. If you are mean and you do a heroic deed than you just want to get attention. That is why I think the character of a hero is as important as the heroic deed itself.

Rylie from , United States - 3/2/2016 at 10:42:14 AM.
A heroic deed and the character are as important as each other but only if you do the deed more than once, thats how you are a true hero. when you do a deed only because of fame that is not good. A hero doesn't have to save someones life you can just help people from getting hurt, when you go to the doctors they are heros right in front of you. A hero doesn't have to were a costume they could just be your parents going to work to get you food and shelter. Hero-s don't have to fight villains or have powers they just help people without thinking of them. If the deed and and the character well if I saw someone in need of help I wouldn't help someone so they are equally the same.

Lincoln from Solon, United States of America - 3/2/2016 at 10:41:44 AM.
I think a hero and a heroic deed are the same thing because when you do a heroic deed you could be saving someone and when you are a hero you are saving someone.

Jamison Grimm from , - 3/2/2016 at 10:41:41 AM.
I think that the hero is is as important as the heroic deed they did. I think that because they might have saved a person from a fire or something else good they did. But, they are as important because they did the heroic deed themselves. Another reason that a hero is as important as the heroic deed that he/she did is that maybe the person saved a cat from a tree that I think at least the hero gets awarded or thanked for saving the cat or other things. And another reason is that not many people have bravery and other traits to save people. So there is not that much heros in our life so the ones that are alive should be rewarded of what they did cause there isn't that much heros in the world. Another reason is pretend you were a hero and was saving a thing or people and when you saved them no person cared that you did they only cared about what you did and you got nothing for saving a person or doing a heroic deed. So I think that the hero who did the heroic deed should get equal amount of rewards and other stuff you get if you save somebody.

Isabella Miller from , U.S.A - 3/2/2016 at 10:41:12 AM.
No. I think that the deed is more important than the character its self because if someone was standing near a baby falling from a window but they didn't have a heroic character they still could save the baby instead of letting it die. If they didn't have a heroic character they couldn't save the baby because they didn't have a heroic character so the baby would die unless a person with a heroic character was standing close enough to rush over and catch the baby.

Meg from , United States - 3/2/2016 at 10:40:22 AM.
I think it is equally important because if I had no respect, but I saved a child from walking into the street in front of a car, then I would be a hero and using respect. So, if I hadn't had respect, the child would have been hit and there might have been much loss. But since I did use respect, the child survived.

A hero is someone who isn't looking for a trophy, but someone who helps others, encourages us. They prevent loss, they help animals from becoming extinct if that is how they are a hero. Sometimes they're a hero because of love. A hero could be a parent who goes to work every day to make money to give them and their family food and shelter. They would be as headline worthy as someone who went into a burning house and saved a family.

Everyone can be a hero for their own reason. If you help a friend, save a child, help extinct animals, or even help your family at the littlest bit, you are a hero in your own way. We can all be hero's, and we can all help many people with different things like cancer. If you help raise money for cancer, you're being a hero. If you are a nurse in a hospital who is helping many people with different wounds or sicknesses, you are helping them in a way that is helpful and they should be thankful for you helping them.

Everyone should be grateful for the things their parents, brothers, sisters, friends, or neighbor do for you to make your life better. The world wouldn't be the way it was now if it weren't for the people who help us become better people. If everyone were to be a hero, the world would be so much better. We would all help each other through the rocky roads we ride. We could help each other with things they don't understand or need help to fix.

Everyone could encourage others to do what our minds and dreams lead us to. If it's writing, being a nurse, becoming and engineer, waitress, chef, librarian, artist, teacher, or anything you want, my message is: believe in yourself and don't let anyon

Kayla from , USA - 3/2/2016 at 10:40:13 AM.
Yes,I think the character of a hero is as important as what the hero does because if a hero is mean and grumpy they will not want to save a person in trouble.A hero is a person who wants to save people. Hero's are never forced to do something they volunteer to do it and if a person doesn't do anything to help anyone than they are not really a hero. If the hero is kind and happy they will want to save the person in trouble.That's why I think a hero's character is as important as what they do!

Kassidy from , United States - 3/2/2016 at 10:39:16 AM.
I think it matters more about the Heroic deed. You shouldn't do a good deed just to get a prize or to be honored. You should do it for the good of other people or even the country. For example, men and women go to the army to protect our nation. They know they may be giving up they're life. But they're doing it for our country, NOT to be honored or to get a prize. They just do it without being told. So if you know someone with an ancestor or someone, anyone who every day makes the Nation a better place, say "thank you". Thank you to all and have a nice day.

Gabe from Solon, United States of America - 3/2/2016 at 10:38:50 AM.
I think a hero is better than the heroic deed. The reason I think that is because I care more about the heroes more than what they did. I also believe they should get more credit than the deed.

Ashlyn from , United States - 3/2/2016 at 10:37:02 AM.
I do think that the character of a hero is as important as the heroic deed itself. The character of a human being is just as important as a deed. A deed is helping others in need, teaching kids, donating money, being a good leader, forgiveness, people taking a stand, and thinking of other people. Having character is all of the above. Having character is equally important as doing a good deed. having character is the same as doing a good deed.

Peyton from , USA - 3/2/2016 at 10:33:31 AM.
I think that the hero is more important than the deed because the hero can provide more good deeds and 5 deeds is better that 1.

Sullivan from , United States - 3/2/2016 at 10:13:47 AM.
Hero A hero is someone who puts anyone before them. A hero is someone who makes the world a better place. A hero is someone who shows respect. A hero is someone who shows responsibility. A hero is someone you can trust. A hero can be anyone. -Sullivan

Jackson from , United States - 3/2/2016 at 10:13:12 AM.
No you do not have to have the character of a hero because. Ive had an experience of being a hero, I have saved a kid from drowning, And i'm not the type of person that looks like a hero. But it doesn't matter because no matter what your traits are or your looks. It matters if you have the strength to do whats right. And you want nothing but peace. If you do something that can make the world a better place, You are already a hero. No matter your personality, or look, Just a kind enough heart, We all have a hero in us, Maybe even you. - Unknown

Eli from Solon, U.S.A - 3/2/2016 at 10:10:44 AM.
A hero is someone who helps others, a hero is someone who is nice, kind, brave, caring, and respectful. I may not be all those things but I know that I am some of them. And if your a hero that means that you are some of those things.

Keenan from Solon, USA - 3/2/2016 at 10:10:11 AM.
Yes, because without the hero itself there would be no good deeds in the world and the world would be a very bad place to live in and no one would be saved or helped and everyone would be miserable.

marcus from solon, america - 3/2/2016 at 10:08:38 AM.
yes.I think they are both the same amount as important because if the hero is not important people would not want his or her's help.

Brett from solon, USA - 3/2/2016 at 10:08:14 AM.
I think a hero is more important then a heroic deed it self. Why because if you have a hero you can have more heroic deeds. Also we could have other things that can be kind and make the world a great place to live and love.

Cole from North liberty, United States of Ameria - 3/2/2016 at 10:03:56 AM.
I think if the hero did the heroic action than the hero is more important than the deed.If the hero does the deed and does not do any good deeds ever again than the deed is more important than the hero.

Ryan from Solon, United States of America - 3/2/2016 at 10:03:17 AM.
I think that it is more important that the person who is saved is more important than the hero doing it.

Lukas from Solon, USA - 3/2/2016 at 9:59:14 AM.
Yes because did the deed and if the deed was done who would they thank for doing it.The hero is just as important as it for doing the deed.

Hannah from Orange City, United States - 1/26/2016 at 8:09:27 AM.
I think the deed of the hero is more important because it's what you do that gives you the hero name and traits.

Josiah from Alton, United States of America - 1/25/2016 at 4:11:58 PM.
I think that hulk is a hero because he in Avengers has saved many people. and helped destroy many enemies.

Ava D. from Alton, United States - 1/25/2016 at 4:00:59 PM.
I think the heroic deed is the most important, not the hero. The heroic deed is what makes the person the hero. The hero is known for what it did, thats what makes them a true hero. Like Batman He saved a bank from joker and his deceiving plans and thats what made batman a hero.

Jackson from Orange City, America - 1/25/2016 at 1:52:48 PM.
Yes because you act it you do it.

Caden from Alton, US - 1/25/2016 at 10:28:44 AM.
No. Hero do not have to be famous. You could be a normal kid and choose to do a heroic deed.