Gandhi

by Isabella from Laguna Beach

Gandhi ( (Isabella))
Gandhi ( (Isabella))

There are many great people in the world but few get to be called a true hero and make a difference. If anyone deserves the title of hero, Gandhi does. Gandhi was a great person who made a difference in many people's lives. Gandhi fought for the rights of all Indians. He never used any violent method yet because of him, India is a free country. Gandhi was born in Porbander in Western India in the year 1869 and he was assassinated by a Muslim man in 1946. Gandhi is a hero in my eyes because of all the historic people I have come across, Gandhi is definitely the most impressive. He is inspiring to me and made me look at the bigger picture. He helped me to realize that there are real problems in the world which make our petty or little problems here in California, seem very small and unimportant.

I think that Gandhi's most important quality is that he was very inspiring. Gandhi inspires people to be peaceful and not to be violent. He argued that if you do not act in a violent way, you will be innocent of wrong doing and gain moral superiority. Through these actions, you will gain the world's support. Another example for how he was an inspiring figure in history is his influence on Martin Luther King. Martin Luther King used Gandhi's method of civil resistance during the Civil Rights Movement. His inspiration for human rights still lives on today.

Another admirable quality of Gandhi was his resilience when dealing with the difficult struggle, that he experienced. Gandhi showed great resilience when the British Authorities put him in prison many times. He also showed resilience in his peaceful protests. They protested peacefully against violent opposition. If they were taken to jail or attacked they would not fight, but they would just let it come. His resilience helped him to inspire others around the world.

Gandhi was also very intelligent. Gandhi studied in a law school in England. His knowledge of British law helped him in his protests. Gandhi wrote many books on social justice as well. Gandhi's knowledge of British law gave him an advantage because he knew what wasn't fair and what was legal. Gandhi's writings and teachings still have a great impact today.

He remains an important figure to many people around the world. Especially to anyone fighting to gain freedom and equality around the world. Gandhi is a great hero to India as well. Gandhi helps others around the world understand the importance of human dignity. He challenges us to respect and stand-up for others and to fight for what is right.