The MY HERO Project | Library

Recovering from Depression:
A Workbook for Teens

By Mary Ellen Ellen Copeland,
Stuart Copans

Publisher: Paul H. Brookes
ISBN: 1557665923
MY HERO recommends this book to readers of all age groups.
Do you know. . .
The warning signs of adolescent depression? The best ways to respond to a teen considering suicide?
With suicide as the third leading cause of death among young people ages 15 to 24*, school administrators, guidance counselors, and psychologists must understand — and know how to address — adolescent depression. This workbook is the lifeline they need! Counselors can use it in their work with teens, who'll use the surveys, checklists, practical tips, fill-in-the-blanks, and brainstorming activities to recognize depression in themselves, learn what they can do to feel better, and build a safety plan to stay well. And all education professionals can work through the book to increase their knowledge of the symptoms, causes, treatments, and effects of depression. Recovering from depression is possible — and this interactive workbook guides and supports both teens and the professionals who help them on the journey.
This revised edition is packed with tips and activities on
dealing with suicidal thoughts and feelings
changing negative thought patterns to positive ones
reaching out to friends and supporters
avoiding substance abuse
solving problems constructively
recognizing and avoiding “triggers” of depression *American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2001
Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews