Queen Rania Al-Abdullah

By Leia Tait

Publisher: Weigl Publishers, Incorporated, October 2007
ISBN: 1590366468
MY HERO recommends this book to children readers.
Children's Literature
This twenty-four-page book has important earmarks about Queen Rania Al-Abdullah's life as Queen of Jordan. She is young, attractive, with three young children of her own. She takes time out from her humanitarian duties to stay close to her family. Her five areas of concentration are education, health and safety, youth issues, women's rights and culture, and tourism. Also, her thoughts are quoted verbatim. Busy as she is, the major influences in Rania's life is her family. Her husband is one of her role models. She takes her children often on her travels and reads to them every night. She helps them with their homework. The organizations Rania originated or takes an active role in, are ones that help women and children. Two pages of Tait's book instruct the reader on ways to write a biography. It will help students who have never written a biography or students who are unsure about how to go about writing one. A helpful time line and a page telling readers how to find further research are given. A “Words to Know” page and an “Index” at the close of the book will be helpful. Seven “Remarkable People” listed are of interest. This book will be of value on social studies shelves in middle and high school libraries. Reviewer: Jennie DeGenaro
User Reviews:
sara | 2/14/2015 3:59 PM
i love the stores and i love rania al -abdullah
mohamed sabeeh | 5/13/2010 10:14 AM
i love the queen rania cuz like she's the best she cared for her country and she builded alot of amazing stuff their like kings academy its the 3d school in the world what an amazing queen i wish if she's like my queen

Write your comments
  • Only registered users can write reviews